Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    Newbie - NLP

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

A potential employer prefers a college degree but I don't have one?

I want to apply for a position at the local animal shelter, but the posting states they prefer a bachelors degree. I know I can still apply and will, but I'm sure how to "sell myself" when I don't have a degree. I barely meet the rest of the requirements, so it will be difficult. I'm worried if I don't bring up something about the degree, or lack of it, that I will be overlooked and not even considered. Should I mention on the cover letter, or an email, that I plan on going back to school in the fall (I have been planning this for the last few months)?

Also, would it be beneficial to state that I want to be an animal control officer (animal cop)? It's still working with animals so they may see it as I want as much experience as possible so I would take the job serious. But they could also look at it as a job that is outside of their shelter so they won't hire me because they would be worried I will not stay. I plan to earn my degree before I apply for an animal control position, but I don't know how much of this I should tell them before the interview.

Any advice?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You have to show that your prior experience qualifies you. Most government positions take five years of experience in lieu of a degree

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information