Okay, this has been driving me insane for about 2 years now.

When I was little, I remember watching these incredibly weird animated films on vhs. I was born in '88, but I'm not sure when they were made. They were so incredibly bizarre I think they may have been foreign-based, but they were done in English, though possibly voiced-over, can't recall.

Our basement flooded a few years back and my old VHS tapes as a kid were ruined and my parents pitched them before I ever had a change to go through them to reminesce.

Here's what I remember about them. I had multiple videos, as though they were made in a series, and each video was comprised of seperate stories, of atleast 4, possibly more. For some reason I think I remember an orange tree being on the cover of one. These were all animated, though each drawn differently.

Some of the "stories" I remember is a tale loosely based on red riding hood, and I think the little girl (red riding hood) does get eaten in the end, but I remember someone saving her by slitting open the wolf's belly.
Another story that comes to mind is about these very caveman-like people living inside or VERY near to a volcano. The plot itself I only remember was extremely bizarre, something like maybe the people were running or hiding from someone or something bad. There was a short plump old guy, a young boy, and a young girl as main characters. I think they boy and girl liked eachother, and I recall a part when the girl got a look at his privates, which I remember for sure b/c what little kid doesn't remember that in a cartoon?! The boy only wore a little loin-cloth flap thing. This was drawn in a bit of a messier form.
I also remember one about a creepy asian temple, very dark-atmosphere, this one always frightened me a little. I remember something about a traveler, a male, stopping to stay in this temple. And there's an evil lady, who is or turns into a snake. I just remember a snake/serpent. Perhaps the traveler kills the evil snake in the end. And the room he stays in I think "transforms" when the snake appears maybe.
I also remember a story based on a pretty girl and changing seasons, b/c I remember the animation part where they show the seasons changing. I think strawberries had something to do with that story. Yes, strawberries were involved. Maybe strawberry picking. Or violets! I definately remember violets. Wow, as I write more and more comes to mind. I think the girl had to travel through the cold winter quite a distance to get a plant, or maybe a doctor, to help her sick father? Perhaps I am meshing two stories together.

Like I said though, I know I had a few of these videos, atleast 3, maybe 4 or more? and each one was comprised of different stories. I'm thinking maybe one was based on fairy tales, hence the red riding hood (I might remember something about a weird version of a princess and the pea and hansel and gretal, as well) and then ofcourse the creepy snake temple story and the cave volcano people with the pervert kids. I wonder if the volcano erupted in the end? I feel like maybe the chubby old dude dies. =(

Other info: My mom loves the dollar store, even back then, and she also said she used to buy me clearance videos from KB Toys, so these probably weren't your run-of-the-mill Toys R Us tapes.

Pleasssse guys, someone out there must have seen these too!