Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    Diarmuid M

As a spectator sport football is pants. Why is it so popular?

If we actually look at it objectively for a minute its pretty obvious football is an awful spectator sport. Me and my housemates always watch the football when its on and two of them are obsessed with it but almost everytime a match is over and someone asks how was the game the answer is almost always "sh*t match". Its very rare that a game is in any way entertaining and i think every fan here knows that whether they will admit it or not. Its a great sport to play but its definitely one of the worst spectator sports around.

So why do we keep watching it?

Mrs Torres
    Because its entertaining, competitive, unpredictable and always sooo much fun to see your opponents losing.

dfdfhdfhfsdgsdsdgsd
    I disagree. If you know at least one team that's playing it can't be boring. By knowing a team , I mean knowing it's players what position they play and what style the coach has.
    I admit that if you barely know the teams that are playing it can get really boring.

Dad's found yer scoo'er
    You obviously watch Premiership pants aka the Sky/Setanta kick about league. If you want entertainment start watching lower league stuff. My favourite is the Monday night Bundesliga 2 game on DSF (Astra 19.2E, free to air, K.O. 19.15) just enough lack of skill to turn a first half 1-1 into a ridiculous 5-3 at full time. Recommended.

Bob S
    because it is better than:sh*t cricket, hockey, basketball, rugby, american football, volleyball, baseball and any other sport.......that's why

hammer
    Don't watch it then STUPID. Has someone got a gun to your head?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information