we're both 17. we dated for a few months. i fell in love with her the moment i first kissed her forehead and held her in my arms, and told her everything will be alright when she fell ill.

she is very hardworking. very very into her schoolwork, under lots of pressure.
our relationship was short, but we had lots of fun together. i never told her that i loved her. i could feel that part of her loved me too. i showed her kindness, i bought little surprises for her, i wrote her a poem, flattered her at every chance...
when we broke up, she said to me she couldnt hold a relationship in our school, but that she really wanted us to stay friends. she later wrote to me, saying "i'll miss you. i always will".
a week after we broke up it was my birthday. she sent a card, saying "with love, forever and always".
over the holidays, when we had to prepare for big exams, she was very stressed with work. foolishly, i finally told (by text... stupid, i know) her i was hopelessly, madly in love with her. i asked her if part of her felt the same. she replied "ezio, i dont have time for this, im so busy revising! .of course part of me feels the same but i would rather just focus on my schoolwork". i kept texting her for a few days, which was also v stupid cuz she never replied, because she was under loads of stress (the easter holidays are basically the revision holidays for kids here in england... very stressful and frustrating)... i sent another text a few weeks later when the holidays were over, and she said "im really struggling here with work. i may see you after my stress with the exams. please stop texting me, i really cant handle it any more. please can we just be friends for now"

i know that the best thing to do now would be to let her get on with her life and her work, and then in the summer ask her out again. i love her more than anything in the world, and she couldnt understand why i was attracted to her (she once said to me "i dont understand why you ddnt choose some pretty blonde girl..."). she is insecure about her looks, and she doesnt get much attention from guys, but in my eyes, she is the most beautiful girl in the entire world. i even wrote a poem for her to tell her this.

i know most of you will feel sad reading this, and tell me to move on. that is the one thing i can't do. sure, i could go out and find someone else... but ive tried that already. i love her. i'd say it a million different ways if i have to, write every love song or climb to every star in the sky for her...

Im sorry if it sounds like im rambling...

I was thinking I would call her or something, telling her that I'm always here for her, and that I will wait for as long as it takes. That I would wait until the end of time for her, because I love her more than anything... Do you think I should do this?