Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    Dereck N

Suzuki Motorcycle Mileage?

I am looking at a 2006 Suzuki GSX-R 600, and it's a really good deal and all, but the problem is, it has 34 000 KM. If I get a compression test and just check everything out first, and it is all O.K, is there anything to worry about?

Shock A
    It is not so much the miles but quality of the miles.
    If it is 34000 and most are freeway miles, you don't really brake or shift a lot on freeways. If it is 34000 stop and go miles on streets thats harder on the engine.

When I am looking at a bike here is what I look at in this order.
    1. Miles of bike
    2. Condition of fairings
    3. Is the bikes tags (registration) current as the buyer is responsible for any back taxes on the bike..many people don't know this.
    4. Tires (They are expensive so make sure tires are good as you can't ride safely with cruddy tires)
    5. Make sure bike is legal where all gauges, lights and turn signals are on so you don't get pulled over

See video below titled "Do not buy a motorcycle until you see this"

Shock A
    It is not so much the miles but quality of the miles.
    If it is 34000 and most are freeway miles, you don't really brake or shift a lot on freeways. If it is 34000 stop and go miles on streets thats harder on the engine.

When I am looking at a bike here is what I look at in this order.
    1. Miles of bike
    2. Condition of fairings
    3. Is the bikes tags (registration) current as the buyer is responsible for any back taxes on the bike..many people don't know this.
    4. Tires (They are expensive so make sure tires are good as you can't ride safely with cruddy tires)
    5. Make sure bike is legal where all gauges, lights and turn signals are on so you don't get pulled over

See video below titled "Do not buy a motorcycle until you see this"

Jared E
    You will have major difficulty selling on again with those k's on it, it would have to be really really cheap! If those k's where on an 1000 it would be a lessor concern, bigger motor under less stress and all. Bear in mind by the time you sell it, it would have done over 40 thou and wouldn't be worth much at all. If it's over 8 grand walk away. It would also need a spotless service record, check the service book and ring the dealer that services it and ask them the bikes history, unless all these boxes are ticked move on, or use these things to drive the price way down.

billcarr
    20,000 miles is not a concern if it has had regular oil changes and basic maintenance. Does it run out all right? if so the compression is fine. Be sure it has a clean title, no liens, no salvage. Be sure it tracks straight down the road and shifting between all gears is smooth. Good luck.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information