I just purchased a Smartphone (Samsung Delve) for my daughter off of ebay... the girl at our store in our town told us that when my daughters upgrade was available if she already had an existing alltel phone or bought one somewhere else she would be able to activate it....
It was never mentioned that if she purchased a smartphone but didn't have a data plan before hand, that she would also have to switch her plan.
We bought this phone in CONFIDENCE knowing that she would be able to keep her old plan (national freedom plan) about $60 a month w/ extras.
We do not want a data plan....
She wants a smart phone for texting, because it has an organizer, calander, etc.
Could you tell me what the deal is?
When we activate the phone in june I will BE very UNHAPPY if we are told we have to update to a data plan... we will not do that....
Even alltel reps over the phone stated that we did not have to have a smart plan if we had a smart phone....

I don't want to take this to the better business bureau but if people are being misled about what you offer etc.. then a lot of people are going to be confused, unhappy, and disappointed.

It would be a nice relief to hear that the phone WE purchased for her early upgrade in June will be able to be added on to her current plan without any changes in plan, or extra charges for a data plan.
We don't want or need internet on the phone.. we have that at home.

Thank you so much for your time...