Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    Administrator

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

What's Going to Happen to Giving? [Free Money Finance]

I am on the board for a non-profit charity and, as you might expect, a good deal of our time is spent on fundraising (we raise the funds so the people running the charity can do their work.) Anyway, all the fear and uncertainty in the market and economy has me wondering: will giving drop off the last few months of this year and into 2009? After all, most people see giving as an "add-on" expense that only happens if they have anything left over. And with people taking big hits on their investments, worried about their jobs, and wondering what the economy in general has for them, I can see them cutting back on giving in a big way -- or maybe even cutting it completely.
    And it's not just the "average" givers who are of concern. What about more wealthy donors who used to give 20% of their income and now decide to be a bit more conservative -- so they "only" give 17%? Those are HUGE dollars that are no longer going to charities -- which will be a major problem for them, of course.
    So I'm asking you -- are you thinking about/planning to give less over the next few months? Or maybe the question never even occurred to you. If not, think about it now and let me know what your take is -- I'm very interested to know your thoughts.
    </img>
    </img> </img> </img> </img>
    </img>

NLP

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

-

Was with you all the way till the excuse,just take it on the chin and move on,not the end of the world,good luck in the future and resist anymore urges.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information