Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    hft3229

Fish in a one gallon tank?

What type of fish and how many can I keep in a one gallon tank with an air pump and light?
    I'm looking for something low maintenance. I had a betta for about a year but he just passed away

Thanks!

Clover
    A small frog,shrimps,snail,or buy another betta..Other fish in 1gallon is way to small for them..

STEVEN M
    the only fish u fish that could be maintained in such a small tank is a betta fish.srry about ur loss

Sandra
    No fish.

Try a snail or shrimp.

Belly B
    a small aquatic garden is a good idea, however I don't think you could fit more than 1 plant in there since plants grow too.

java moss and 2-4 ghost shrimp

peat moss and a small pair of killifish. you can even use water sprite [it is a plant, not a soda] as a floating plant.

just keep in mind that these type of set ups require more water changes.

Chaos!
    1 gallon is too small for any fish, including a betta. However, you could turn your tank into a mini aquatic "garden" with some small, hardy plants and a few shrimp.

Kylie Anne
    unfortunately nothing... your betta didn't last long because that tank is not even suitable for a betta which is a tropical fish. although few people bother to do the research to find out, bettas should be kept in at least 2g with a heater and can live 5yrs to 7yrs.

anything kept in there is going to be far from low maintenance. just to keep the water from becoming toxic you should be doing 100% water changes once a week.

the most that should be going in there are a few ghost shrimp. if you want fish look into at least a 5g tank. really larger tanks are less work and allow for more "mess ups" because everything is more diluted.

fish man
    no fish is suitable not even a betta (bettas should live about 5 years not 1)

you could turn it into a shrimp tank though

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information