Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Um no. These rumors come around every year, and every year, no Verizon iPhone. They didnt want it when Apple came to them first back in 2006 and they dont want it now. Why would they, when any Android phone crushes the iDont any day of the week, and Android is already selling more phones than Apple anyways?? Plus, ATT knows that without the iPhone, they have nothing, so they will pay Apple as much as they want in order to keep it..

I would choose the Incredible any day because on the iPhone:

-cant take out the battery
    -no removable memory
    -no multitasking
    -only Apple-approved apps
    -cant customize your phone AT ALL
    -doesnt work with Windows
    -no Flash support
    -no widgets
    -no custom ringtones
    -no ringback tones
    -cant transfer ANY files from a computer
    -Incredible has a MUCH better camera
    -Incredible has a MUCH faster processor
    -instant Android OTA software updates
    -cant get service in an ATT store- have to find an Apple store

Android is miles ahead of Apple- with the new 4.0 software, Apple is only now letting people do things like add folders to their home screen and multitask, because GOD FORBID that anyone should be able to do that on their cell phone- OH NO!!! Oh, Android has been able to do both of those things ever since it came out. Android is already selling more phones than Apple, and its only been out for a year and a half. By the end of the year, the Market will have 100,000 apps, which is more than the Apple Store had at its 2-year mark. Android’s open-source nature will always be more appealing to devs and phone manufacturers because they can market to every carrier, and dozens of phones, instead of 1 carrier and 1 phone. The possibilities are literally endless as far as Android is concerned, because ANYONE can make an app to do ANYTHING on the phone. With Apple, they have to approve every single app that goes into the Store. They wont even allow an app in if it says the word Android in it anywhere- how far do you really think they’re gonna go with that kind of closed-minded thinking?? I want to decide what goes on my phone, not the other way around..

You should definitely not cancel your order- I've had my Incredible for over a month right now, and you will definitely not regret it!

Real Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I orderd htc droid incredible for verizon wireless unfortunately i am hearing rumors...

...that? iphone 4g is coming to verizon wireless is this true? if so should i cancel my order for the incredible? What should i do. Thanks

iPhone on Verizon is only a rumor, and I have been hearing this rumor ever since the iPhone came out.

But if there really will be a Verizon iPhone available sometime this year, it probably will be announced in a few weeks (early June is usually when Apple announces new iPhones).

However, you shouldn't feel bad even if a Verizon iPhone 4G does come out soon - the Incredible will be just as good, or better.

iPhone on Verizon is only a rumor, and I have been hearing this rumor ever since the iPhone came out.

But if there really will be a Verizon iPhone available sometime this year, it probably will be announced in a few weeks (early June is usually when Apple announces new iPhones).

However, you shouldn't feel bad even if a Verizon iPhone 4G does come out soon - the Incredible will be just as good, or better.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Um no. These rumors come around every year, and every year, no Verizon iPhone. They didnt want it when Apple came to them first back in 2006 and they dont want it now. Why would they, when any Android phone crushes the iDont any day of the week, and Android is already selling more phones than Apple anyways?? Plus, ATT knows that without the iPhone, they have nothing, so they will pay Apple as much as they want in order to keep it..

I would choose the Incredible any day because on the iPhone:

-cant take out the battery
    -no removable memory
    -no multitasking
    -only Apple-approved apps
    -cant customize your phone AT ALL
    -doesnt work with Windows
    -no Flash support
    -no widgets
    -no custom ringtones
    -no ringback tones
    -cant transfer ANY files from a computer
    -Incredible has a MUCH better camera
    -Incredible has a MUCH faster processor
    -instant Android OTA software updates
    -cant get service in an ATT store- have to find an Apple store

Android is miles ahead of Apple- with the new 4.0 software, Apple is only now letting people do things like add folders to their home screen and multitask, because GOD FORBID that anyone should be able to do that on their cell phone- OH NO!!! Oh, Android has been able to do both of those things ever since it came out. Android is already selling more phones than Apple, and its only been out for a year and a half. By the end of the year, the Market will have 100,000 apps, which is more than the Apple Store had at its 2-year mark. Android’s open-source nature will always be more appealing to devs and phone manufacturers because they can market to every carrier, and dozens of phones, instead of 1 carrier and 1 phone. The possibilities are literally endless as far as Android is concerned, because ANYONE can make an app to do ANYTHING on the phone. With Apple, they have to approve every single app that goes into the Store. They wont even allow an app in if it says the word Android in it anywhere- how far do you really think they’re gonna go with that kind of closed-minded thinking?? I want to decide what goes on my phone, not the other way around..

You should definitely not cancel your order- I've had my Incredible for over a month right now, and you will definitely not regret it!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information