Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, the Droid will get mutlitouch. Both phones are great but if I had to pick one I would go with the Nexus One because it comes with Sense UI and that is a really great software. You can access all of your friends information and various social networking sites by going to their name and you can see all of their recent updates from all of their social networking sites. They both have 5 MP cameras with flash. So the software is really the only difference(besides the physicaql keyboard, which you don't mind). The Droid has the update to 2.1 that you can get on the Android website. So the only difference is really Stock Android (Droid) and Sense UI (Nexus One). Both have live wallpapers and all of the other features on 2.1. The Nexus One does have more home screens that you can customize though. Hope this helps!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Motorola Droid or Google Nexus 1?

I hear that the Nexus 1 is coming to Verizon sometime this month, and my plan doesn't expire until April 19th, anyways. Which phone is better? What are the major differences, besides the lack of keyboard on the Nexus 1? I am an avid internet user, gps user, and app user, and I'm hoping to put a lot of my music on it. Please give me advice on what phone to choose!
    Also I could care less if I have a keyboard or not! I've had the LG Dare since it came out and text on it fine, and I have an iPod Touch I use daily :P
    What size MicroSD will the Nexus1 come with? I know the Droid comes with 16GB.

Also, does anyone know if either device has live traffic updates on the GPS? That'd be a cool feature to have.

And won't the Droid have just as well multitouch once it can be updated to Android 2.1?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well i test phones and the motorola glitches and freezes up alot i have tried the nexus, but i eould strongly suggest not getting the moto. Just my opinion i do test phone lol

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Get the Nexus. It's worth the money. I have the T-Mobile version, graduated up from a G1 (which I loved). the Nexus is incredible. The speed of the device along will knock you out. The Market has a ton of apps, and the phone supports microSD cards of any size, which means you can carry a lot of music around with you. The GPS works with a lot of apps in very interesting ways.

Verizon is supposed to get the phone any minute now. I'd wait.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would say go for the Nexus One, because it's newer, it doesn't have a crappy physical keyboard which adds more bulk, it doesn't crash that much, it has a better multitouch interface and finally it has a better design than the Motorola Droid

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, the Droid will get mutlitouch. Both phones are great but if I had to pick one I would go with the Nexus One because it comes with Sense UI and that is a really great software. You can access all of your friends information and various social networking sites by going to their name and you can see all of their recent updates from all of their social networking sites. They both have 5 MP cameras with flash. So the software is really the only difference(besides the physicaql keyboard, which you don't mind). The Droid has the update to 2.1 that you can get on the Android website. So the only difference is really Stock Android (Droid) and Sense UI (Nexus One). Both have live wallpapers and all of the other features on 2.1. The Nexus One does have more home screens that you can customize though. Hope this helps!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information