Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    Sam T

DODGE MAN I NEED HELP! dodge truck body work question ?

im looking at this 98 dodge quad cab slt laramie it has 80,000 miles and inside ,under the hood, and under carrage are immaculate. however the truck had a factory body kit (step side and more moulding)and has rusted out around this moulding the front fenders look like theyll need replaces the rest of the paint is great its 2 tone burgundy and silver sharp truck aside from the rust if i buy i will only do so with intentions on fixing it back to glory i can get it for around $ 5,000 im wondering what is worst case senerio on cost or rust repairs(body work) PLEASE ONLY KNOWLEDGEABLE PEOPLE ANSWER ONLY

dodge man
    that's not a bad deal on that one, worst case on that one is that you have to replace the fenders on it ,all those with body kits rusted out like that because they drilled through the body to add those on,that's one thing i hated about the kits,but its repairable,id like to have that one myself with that low of miles on it,id like to see a picture of that one,i got a 99 model laramie similar to it,but the mileage is way high on it,id replace the rusted parts rather than patch them because on that nice of a truck it would destroy the value of it unless it was done right,make sure its real solid everywhere else though,mine has rust starting along the bottom of it right now its surface rust,but will be fixed soon,try and talk them down a little on it because i bought mine when it had low miles on it and paid around 6 for it a few years ago,probably about 1200 to repaint and repair it and you got a real nice truck again,so that would put you about 6200 in to it,which still isn't bad for the year of it and the low miles,if you can get it back in good shape you could easily resale it and make money on it if you decided to do so,but id keep that one,its got about half the miles mine has on it and i was offered that much for mine and wont take it,you have found a real good deal their,i wish people around where im at would sell them cheap like that right now with gas being down the price of the nice ones has went back up high again,so get it if you can,it books out for almost that,and you really cant use the book on that one with the low miles on it,its a dodge,ten years from now if there gas to run it on you can still sale it and get your money back on it,i said around 1200 you could probably get by a lot cheaper depnding on what all needs to be actually painted on it right now,good luck man i hope you get this one,that was good find on that truck,good luck.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information