Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    trafficinfo

838, 828 and 804 gone from my EPG since yesterday

I noticed last night that this channels dissapeared from my EPG. no way to watch them anymore. called BEV. told me this channels are on the more var hd packg which i did not sub because they were on free preview until December 2008 (only 10$ for the other 4 packs). checked calendar and we are still in April 2008 or maybe I am wrong. CSR then told me they will give me a 25 cad credit but being stubborn told them no thanks for the credit keep it for yourself but make sure you fix the problem and told me they will hit the receiver again and wait 2 hours . this morning still nothing.

does anyone have any idea of what it is going on with this channels? Other than of course the free-preview suddenly ended last nite instead of December 2008?.

will call BEV later and see what they have to say about this. will post results.

Baal

My guide still has 828 and 838 in Free Preview mode.
    I'm on the old $10 HD package so I'm not sure if they'll still be there when the preview ends, whenever that actually is.

Also, as far as 804 goes, that was only there for when CBC was doing more than one hockey game at the same time. It should be back next fall.
    Although I'm surprised they removed it already, since it's still possible for Montreal and Calgary to play games at the same time in the 2nd round.

trafficinfo

thanks baal , I will call BEV just now.

Leaf Fan

Check your signal strength on 82
    Maybe that is the reason they have disappeared

granduncle

828 and 838 had their specs changed, i.e. what packages they belong to. Try to rescan.
    804 is no more. It was a test CBCH2 channel. I don't think it ever had an EPG. What do you need it for?

stampeder

Stick to the topic at hand. Posts and comments on a certain off topic hijack have been deleted and warnings/infractions given.

trafficinfo

i checked the TP levels at 82 , they are all aver 80 . besides other channels that share the same TP are also working. CBCH2 was just a curiosity . called BEV they told me to do a check switch. did it . been more than 2 hours. still those 2 channels not showing up in EPG. funny thing , if i go to 828 it jumps to 829 but 838 says non subscribed yet screen. 9242 by the way. another funny thing a few hours ago i power on th tv and it was showing my last viewed channel weather ch but all the led's were of. i was able to continue watching other channels even the PVR function with all the led's off!!!. like if it was power down.

how do i rescan though?

trafficinfo

almost 48 hours later , still those channels not showing. ran out of ideas. called BEV again, this time the only solution possible was to add the HD More Variety for extra 5$ and give me 5$ back as credit monthly for as long as the free preview lasts (until January 2009). in less than 2 minutes both channels started to work ok again. finally!!!!!!!!!!.

bev fan

Free preview ot these channels has ended in april , for customers that have old HD pack it will end in december.

nmaf

actually, it's because BEV is finally in touch with reality....

they know the flames aren't going to make the second round

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information