Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    dharper

838, 828 and 804 gone from my EPG since yesterday

I had a free preview of NGHD 828 for a while, and then the channel disappeared. I got my EV bill, and it states that there is a free preview of channels 827 and 828 going on. I go to guide, and 827 and 828 are not listed in any colour at all, under the all channels guide. Has this happened to any one else?

I have a 9242 receiver. And I am still on the all you can eat package from a few years back, and I pay for no HD channels. This should be besides the point, because the channels should at least be listed in purple.

I called customer service, and after a long pause, I was told that since I didn't subscribe to any HD channels, I couldn't get these channels in the free preview. Then I ask, how come they are not showing in purple. Then I was told since I didn't subscribe to any HD channels, these channels won't show in the guide. Then I asked, how come all of the other HD channels that I don't subscribe to show in the guide in purple? Then I was told these 2 channels won't show in the guide because I didn't subscribe to any HD channels. This is where I agreed with him, because I would have more luck talking to the wall.

Any help? Thanks.

Real Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I actually had the same happen to me but with certain standard def channels, they simply disappeared. I don't subscribe to their packages but I expected them to atleast show up in the guide in purple, and they don't.

I never really got a clear answer from tech support, but it is 'normal' for that to happen. Typically a channel you don't subscibe to is shown in purple, but in some cases they simply don't show up at all.

You're on the old Legacy package so the free preview doesn't apply, just let it be. If it was a channel you were supposed to be receiving and were paying for that would be a different story.

Lindsay649

Do differant receivers have differant colours for non-subscribed channels........would prefer red over purple if that is the case?

dosborne

Correct, It depends on the channel and the packaging.

Some channels are flagged to show up no matter what and will show as red in the EPG if you do not subscribe.

Other channels do not show at all (even with "all channels") unless subscribed to or a specific associated package is subscribed to.

jft436

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=85060

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=85904

You may wish to read my comment and the other thread posted by grand uncle.

Bev, CSR have no idea about the problems with 828 and 838. They are free if you are on the new package

The bottom line is you can not get them them in HD if you are on the Legacy package as a free preview. They attempted several times to put them into my on screen guide and it would not take.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information