Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    SensualPoet

I must leave BEV - how can I reduce cancellation fee?

If you move to a location not serviced by Bell -- such as no line of sight from your suite -- I would think Bell would make some accomodation on the contract cancellation fee. After all, they state up front that service is subject to line-of-sight issues. I'd be inclined to politely argue the point with a couple of service reps.

Ex Agent EV

We actually service Nunavit, so that woudn't cancel your contract. We do not have any installers in the region, we provide larger dish, but it is offered.

If a client has a contract outside of Canada and must leave BEV we will ask him to send us a proof before we could waive of the termination charges

SensualPoet

Thanks for the vote of confidence.

I have never thought of myself as a "troll" beholden to anyone. I have repeatedly attempted to state the facts in every post, in this thread and all others. I have mentioned several times I follow financial markets closely, with a special interest on telecommunications. I frequently quote said sources.

If you re-read my posts, you will find facts presented, and rarely putdowns, except where total stupidity reigns ... and, let's be frank, Bell's consumer policies definitely reach that level from time-to-time.

ARR, as someone who seems "libertarian minded", I'm surprised you find the notion that living up to the terms of a contract is a bad thing. Bell has required ALL new customers since Sep 2005 to sign a (usually) two year contract which contains a plain language Early Cancellation Clause. Why on earth are folks complaining they have to pay this when they choose to change the circumstances of service (ie. move)? As I said ... good on Bell to let people out of their obligations without paying; it may be good customer relations; it's bad for shareholders in the short term (and arguably good for them in the long term -- that's a reasonable judgment call by management; but note Bell Management is exhibiting their own "best before" date on their foreheads at the moment).

Mozza, as usual you misrepresent what was said: I applauded Bell for its leniency but as a shareholder question the policy. The fact that you might benefit from leaving the sinking ship is neither here nor there in my assessment of whether it is good business.

Others: a contract is a contract. You signed it, live with it. If you can renegotiate, bravo! Go for it! But the other party owes you nothing beyond what you both willingly agreed to upon signing.

haystack

I don't think Expressvu is being nice. They can not live up to their end of the contract to provide service. Why should they get paid. The service allows me to move.
    I would love to be in court the day Expressvu sues for a service they can not provide.
    If the contract states the service can not be moved that would be something else. As it is now It is OK to move.

Elite 09

Does anyone know the cost of breaking a contract with Bell? Receiver bought in Dec of 2006 on a 2 year contract.

I have read $100, $150 and $200 on this forum in my search and can't seem to find anything on Bell useless website.

Thanks in advance.

Edit - Post moved to existing thread on the topic.

Ex Agent EV

Yes a letter from the condominium corporation will do it... Fax it at the number I gave in my previous post, that's the billing departement and then call to deactivate the service,mentionning you did send that letter

The early termination charges could then be credited

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Or tell them you're moving to the United States...

Nimiq 1

Again Agent your reading skills are inept. I NEVER mentioned a Service Call....lol

You really make me laugh, keep it comming.....lol

Mozza

Well, that is an (unlikely) issue unrelated to the issue being discussed in this thread.

I contact BEV again last week via email, and got a response stating I would have to pay $149 to break the contract, and $149 on the rental equipment. Reading over the contract I signed, it states I would owe $99 and $99 instead. I'm assuming my signed contract trumps their new fees?

haystack

Expressvu wants you to leave the dish and wiring at your old condo. They have a better chance to get the new person who purchased the condo as an expressvu customer . It would be less of a hassle for them and the new folks then to do the install over again.
    Sorry I thought you wanted to stay with expressvu if you could. You can't reduce a cancellation fee just because you want to cancel.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information