Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    nfitz

Expressvu dish on house - how to get it removed

I recently purchased a new house, and there is an Express-vu dish stuck to the side of it. I'll likely never use Express-vu, and want to get rid of the dish. I assume it belongs to Bell. Can I get them to come and get the thing off my house?

i hate tv

I think they will charge you around $75
    If it takes longer than an hour, then they bill you in 15 increments
    If you can, take it down yourself, and sell it, or call a satellite installer from your
    local paper, and ask how cheap it is to remove it, and then ask if he will give you a discount if he can have the dish

haystack

Dish is yours if you can't get the seller of house to take it with them. You take the wire and the dish down and then the bracket that holds it. Don't forget to plug any holes .

smootherator

you can get rid of it easily....just ask any of your neighbours if they want it.

It should only be 4 bolts to remove...no big deal. Many people are always looking for another dish, you could probably sell it for $50.

2003EM

You could always use a rope. You tie up one end to the antenna and the other end in the back of your car. Be sure to tie a good knot on both end. Also make sure the rope is strong enough. I think a quarter of an inch should be ok.
    Have someone with a video recorder to put it on tape. When everyone is ready, put on drive and push gas pedal.
    That should do the trick.

When it is done, remember to put flextra in the holes so you won't have any infiltrations. Also, if possible, post the video :-)

Have fun

nfitz

One would think doing it oneself would be the easiest. Though I don't have a ladder that reaches that high ... and after pulling a bit of carpet and 6-hours spend pulling 3 different generations of underlying staples out of the hall and stairs 3 months ago - and the resulting 6-weeks physiotherapy for the ensuing tennis elbow, I've come to the conclusion it's not even necessarily cheaper to do it oneself!

Oh well, perhaps I'll phone them - might be amusing.

i hate tv

If you decide to do the car/rope pull, make sure to set up a cam corder, i have seen some pretty funny mishaps on America's Funniest Home Videos, and hey, you may even win $10, 000
    Seriously though, I would strongly recommend not using this method, as it may launch the dish at your vehicle

nfitz

Actually, with the geometry involved, involving the dish on the back of the house, the alley, and all the cars parked off the alley, I would launch the dish at all my neighbour's vehicles ... so it would be most amusing.

But alas, I can not proceed with this approach -for I don't own a video camera.

i hate tv

I have a video camera, and some rope, and a mini cooler for a six pack!
    You have to drive though, I fear the structural integrity of my bumper may be comprimised if any more of the rust falls off, which is quite possible with a dish removal of this sort...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information