Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    ken0042

ExpressVu - Positive Customer Feedback

OK, here goes. Now this may appear at first to be a rant, but if you follow along with me to the end, you will see why I am posting it here.

I moved a couple of months ago. The old owner of the house only has one satellite line coming into the house. I managed to squeeze 2 cables into the hole, but that was all that would fit for the time being. One line was my US dish, and one was used for one of my Bell receivers. The rest of my bell receivers were left packed in boxes.

Last week I read in another thread that if you had the new card in your receiver, and your receiver was unplugged for more than a week, you would lose your programming. Sure enough, I found out this was true.

I ran my extra lines and plugged in all my receivers. Then I made the call to Bell. Waited about 30 minutes on hold. When I finally got a CSR I played dumb; not letting on that I knew what the problem was. I wanted to see if he knew. I did mention that I had just moved, and hadn't had my receivers plugged in for weeks. Still he had me go through a few hoops. (Check signal strength, check switch, etc.)

Finally all the channels came back on. He asked if there was anything else he could help me with. I did say I was thinking of adding another channel. He said "Tell you what, because of the inconvenience, I will give you all the channels for one month, for the same price as you are paying now. At the end of the one month if you no longer want them all, you will have to call us back up to downgrade."

I was pretty shocked. Bell was actually offering me something of value to me for my time and effort.

Keep up the good work Bell!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Lucky. Nice to hear some positive words and I hope Santa is good to you, however, judging by your signature, maybe a new tv first!

hotweiss

We've had Bell ExpressVU for close to 2 years. No problems. The picture quality has actually improved over that time, as I see less pixelization.

Q

Well.........give credit where credit is due.

My experience with Bell has been superb in the last few days.

Getting the 9200 and even having an extra one that I had to decline because I already got one got Friday off to a fantastic start.

Bell made the correct descision to include everything like the new customers. There ratio is wrong as there are way more subs that want one as opposed to new subs. I do feel bad for everyone that has to wait longer now as I know what it feels like to be in that boat cuz I went through it with the 5200 fiasco. I would have been pissed if I couldn't get one and there were 9220's lying around.

Anyways.........

Friday night.......i think around midnight when I was ready to call Bell to activate the receiver the gentelman on the other line was awesome. Bottomline...........he said things the way they were......anything he couldn't figure out he went to someone else to find out and it took 45 mins. to an hour to activate my 9200, add HDTV package to my exsisting Ultimate 12, add TSN, Discovery and Roger SN as well. Since the Networks is in the HDTV bundle I got the extra theme pack (the one with cool TV) I didn't have before added to have the 12 themes.

The next morning my 5200 picked up the new channels but my 9200 had nothing so I called in and another excellent CSR said.

This happens sometimes. The CSR did everything right and should be working. He said the first thing to try is reenter the smart card. He said if it doesn't work within 1/2 hour call back and they would try the next thing.

Well...........1/2 later all channels were there.

Watched some HDTV last night............I was blown away.
    Called the skeptic wife and my sis and her b/f to see the difference and they too were amazed.

I was comparing a basball game on I think on WGN HD and regular WGN.

Then put it on some other HD channel that had a fireworks display. AMAZING! It really did look amazing.

Now just keeping fingers crossed EVU billing gets it right my next bill.

Joe

Real Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I've been with Expressvu going on two years now, and I'm loving it. I've had experience with the two other providers, and I must say I'll never go back. In my opinion, you simply can't beat expressvu's interface. And now that I have HD, it's just that much better!

gmarsden

When calling to activate my 9200 at 2pm Friday, my call was answered right away, the person on the phone was quite good even though I suspect that English was not her first language, and it was activated before I got off the phone.

Couldn't ask for more.

waterug

ken

That sounds like the old negative billing trick Rogers tried about ten years ago and was slapped down severely. If you decide to downgrade, let us know how it goes. Remember, it takes 30 days for a downgrade to be processed.

GregoriusM

Omar was EXCELLENT when I phoned today to get a day for the installers to come out.

TUESDAY! I was thinking like 2 or 3 weeks!

Anyway, he was very professional, courteous, and even though he'd had a long day, he was very cheerful.

He noted that BEV has put more emphasis on Manitoba lately, especially as far as installation goes.

OMAR !!!

CenturyBreak

Amen to that: as a first-time BEV subscriber, I had a lot of questions during my activation call at ~6PM Friday, so it took ~ 40 minutes altogether... but the packages were activated before the CSR even told me that she'd clicked on the various on-screen boxes on her computer monitor. Not a bad initial experience... should I expect that, now that they've got my money, they'll treat me like dirt?

I think not.

dirtyjeffer

wow...it took a whole year for someone to post something positive.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information