Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Hentai_JP

Highschool of the Dead (TV).

Love the first episode! And since no one started this thread yet here I go! :P

Highschool of the Dead is being produced by no less than MADHOUSE, and they went all out in this one. Production values are through the roof including great animation with all it's gore and blood, 3-d flying camera, and of course the fanservice . I also love the cinematic effects in the beginning. It's frightening and gruesome, for which I praise the directing: the "how it began" sequence at the school gates is simply petrifying. As for story, so far it's good. I can go both ways though but I hope for the better one. The only complain I have that [spoiler]we won't be seeing "Light" (Mamoru Miyano) anymore. And I took a liking to him already... Uh-oh.[/spoiler] Anyway first episode is fascinating. I want it to stay this way.

garfield15

Highschool of the Dead (TV)

EDIT: This post was originally the start of a separate thread which was posted almost simultaneously with the existing one. It has been merged into the other thread since the OP for the other one more conformed to accepted standards for such threads. - Key]

The newest work from Madhouse it follows the story of a zombie apocalypse in Japan

The first episode aired on Anime Network. You can watch it legally here after registering
    http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Anime/Highschool-of-the-Dead/Watch

And I think I should make something perfectly clear

H.O.T.D. will have gore.
    It will have blood
    It will have mindless violence
    It will have boobs
    It will have panty shots
    It will have mindless ecchi
    It will seem pretty distasteful
    X10

Heed my warning if you cannot handle any of that. Do not even check out episode 1 if you cannot handle any of that

However, if you can in fact handle that and just go with the flow of the crazy and enjoy the madness you'll find a pretty good show. I know I'm liking it so far.

Also: has many American Zombie movie references.

Eivion
    I enjoyed the first episode well enough though I didn't like either of the two female characters introduced.

Hentai_JP

Love the first episode! And since no one started this thread yet here I go! :P

Highschool of the Dead is being produced by no less than MADHOUSE, and they went all out in this one. Production values are through the roof including great animation with all it's gore and blood, 3-d flying camera, and of course the fanservice . I also love the cinematic effects in the beginning. It's frightening and gruesome, for which I praise the directing: the "how it began" sequence at the school gates is simply petrifying. As for story, so far it's good. I can go both ways though but I hope for the better one. The only complain I have that [spoiler]we won't be seeing "Light" (Mamoru Miyano) anymore. And I took a liking to him already... Uh-oh.[/spoiler] Anyway first episode is fascinating. I want it to stay this way.

garfield15

Highschool of the Dead (TV)

EDIT: This post was originally the start of a separate thread which was posted almost simultaneously with the existing one. It has been merged into the other thread since the OP for the other one more conformed to accepted standards for such threads. - Key]

The newest work from Madhouse it follows the story of a zombie apocalypse in Japan

The first episode aired on Anime Network. You can watch it legally here after registering
    http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Anime/Highschool-of-the-Dead/Watch

And I think I should make something perfectly clear

H.O.T.D. will have gore.
    It will have blood
    It will have mindless violence
    It will have boobs
    It will have panty shots
    It will have mindless ecchi
    It will seem pretty distasteful
    X10

Heed my warning if you cannot handle any of that. Do not even check out episode 1 if you cannot handle any of that

However, if you can in fact handle that and just go with the flow of the crazy and enjoy the madness you'll find a pretty good show. I know I'm liking it so far.

Also: has many American Zombie movie references.

wedgeofpie
    I found myself enjoying this far more than I expected to. Well, the animation was really first rate and they didn't skimp on the atmosphere leading to some nice moments of genuine horror. That being said it did dip in to some serious melodrama in the second half. [spoiler]The bit with the two girls "We're best friends for life! Hahaha!" (2 seconds later) "Argh, let go of me and die bitch!" [/spoiler]was unintentionally hilarious. And lets face it, this show should be re-christened Fanservice of the Dead. The zombie horde was outnumbered here by the unrelenting legion of panty shots and heaving breasts.

Even so, I was thoroughly entertained. Anything even remotely zombie related is going to get a pass from me anyway.

The coolest thing by far though [spoiler]was the music cue towards the end courtesy of 28 days later. I wonder if it will be a regular part of the score or if it was just a less than sneaky reference.[/spoiler]

Bento-Box
    Fight scenes are nice....

but...

when is she going to stop being annoying? Can't stand this series. I hope she gets her jugular bitten in ep2. Too much fan service. I think the series would have been just fine without it.

Dropped.

Eivion
    I enjoyed the first episode well enough though I didn't like either of the two female characters introduced.

Mister V
    Relevant pic:

So, the high-budget summer Z'n'B series is finally here - don't take it seriously and enjoy the gore, it's Narmful otherwise. It seems to be a faithful adaptation of the manga, and bar the constant bouncing and the nurse (personally both just irritate me) it looks to be a fun ride, just what you need in this goddamn heat (can't concentrate on anything serious anyway). I'm kind of wondering how they'll end it though, since the manga has no end.
    They've assembled quite a cast, too.
    They cut a lot of the goriest parts, unfortunately (it's like, the most detailed part of the manga?), wonder if it'll get a director's cut or something. They certainly didn't cut the fanservice...
    I'm a bit disappointed by how they're using Marina Inoue. She deserves better roles.

wedgeofpie
    I found myself enjoying this far more than I expected to. Well, the animation was really first rate and they didn't skimp on the atmosphere leading to some nice moments of genuine horror. That being said it did dip in to some serious melodrama in the second half. [spoiler]The bit with the two girls "We're best friends for life! Hahaha!" (2 seconds later) "Argh, let go of me and die bitch!" [/spoiler]was unintentionally hilarious. And lets face it, this show should be re-christened Fanservice of the Dead. The zombie horde was outnumbered here by the unrelenting legion of panty shots and heaving breasts.

Even so, I was thoroughly entertained. Anything even remotely zombie related is going to get a pass from me anyway.

The coolest thing by far though [spoiler]was the music cue towards the end courtesy of 28 days later. I wonder if it will be a regular part of the score or if it was just a less than sneaky reference.[/spoiler]

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information