Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    speechless1021

DIRTY DANCING-- "Nobody puts Baby in a corner."

Well after watching this movie thousands of times and analizing every scene, I just took it the way I thought it was. Who knows if I am even right :shrugs:

Oh I definitely think that Johnny was Baby's first love. I don't think she had ever had a relationship before him. Well remember her dad apologized to Johnny in his own way. He wasn't happy that Johnny had taken Baby's innocence and he wasn't what he wanted Baby to be with but he realized that Johnny was a standup guy and loved his daughter very much. So in time he would have accepted it.

speechless1021

I know right :nod: I'll never understand why they didn't. I mean everyone would have definitely went and seen that movie!

I'm surprised there is not more fanfiction out there with these two in it. I've written a few but hardly anyone else has Such a bummer

SergeantPepper

Oh, will you? :flowers:

M.I.S.S.Y

I love this movie, it my favorite movie of all time!

stace-malfoy

thanks

lavitaebella

If only.... I love Baby and Johnny. I wish they would have made a sequel, or did a "Five Years Later..." thing. It is one of the best dancing movies I've seen, and the soundtrack is awesome!

lavitaebella

I'm glad Johnny fell in love with Baby, even though she was 17. Jennifer Grey was 27 when she played Baby, and Patrick Swayze was, I think, 35 when he played Johnny. I know Jennifer had to act ten years younger, and I think Patrick might have had to do that as well because a 17-year-old falling in love with a 35-year-old is.. odd.

See, I thought the woman... they just used him for sex. But I see I was wrong. BTW...How do you know all of this stuff? You seem really smart!

Do you think Johnny was Baby's first true, real love? And, if Johnny and Baby were to make it (and I think they would have) do you think Baby's father would have accepted Johnny? I think he would have because Johnny made Baby happy. What father dos not want to see his daughter happy?

lavitaebella

They were all (from what I can remember) the deleted scenes on the DVD -- 20th Anniversary Edition. I can tell you what those are if you don't have it.

SergeantPepper

What were the added scenes?

speechless1021

Because to him she was just another spoiled brat. I mean that club was full of em and why should she be an exception and to him she was just a kid. He wasn't interested in falling in love in a sense but secretly he was. He just wanted to have a good time plus he had already been warned by Kellerman to keep his hands off. Johnny was walking a thin line. Kellerman hated him but knew he was a good dancer.

I do believe that Baby was Johnny's first real true love. Remember the scene where it is raining and they show them in bed. Baby ask how many women he's been with he gets kindof mad, gets up, starts getting dressed. Well he starts talking about all the women and how he said he thought they cared about him. He really didn't know what love was till he met Baby. I mean it took Baby admitting to her father and everyone else that she was with Johnny that night when they tried to accuse him of stealing. Johnny realized after that he loved her and she loved him. He was afraid to fall in love with an up town girl. All the others had brought heartache.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information