Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    condar86

What is the approximate cost to replace the brakes on a 2000 Chevrolet Cavalier?

My dad has a 2000 Chevy Cavalier, and the brakes are completely shot - literally, they completely failed. I kept telling him to get them replaced during that period of the awful grinding sound, but no... anyways, I digress.

I'd like to know what the total approximate cost would be to have the brakes replaced - not just the pads, shoes, etc. The total cost in a worst-case scenario (which it most likely is).

Thanks!

Jose L
    well depends were your at and who performes the job. to give you an idea the front rotors are about 25- 40$ each at napa front brakes are about 25$ and if the caliper is ruin then your looking at 45 each plus labor mobile mech can probably do this job for about 80 to 120$ find one in craigs list an nevr pay until the jobs done. or go to a shop and pay anywhere from 500to 800

Todd L
    probably looking around $1000 if you get them done at a shop. This includes new pads and rotors. This is assuming that you have not seized the calipers(probably not).
    You can do this DIY for about $400 and is not much harder than replacing brake pads.

bodeny_772
    call the auto parts place.or call a junkyard for used ones

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information