Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    shrrshrr

The Notebook #10: It will *never* be over for them!

Hiya iheartsummerland - welcome to the boards! :wave:

As tvwizard says, there's already a thread for this movie. I hope you will join in the discussion there.

Since this is a duplicate thread I'll merge it.

JillyHalliwell

Just popping over to share of the love with this avie I made. Not really happy with it but wanted to do something to do with the movie.

Jershey

oooh...:love: this movie.. :sigh:

they look so good, together.. :in_love:

slowly fading

the rain scene was EPIC :thud:

Urban~Goddess

:no: Nope

taressa05

You need to! It's one of those Must-Haves for any collection. It's well worth the money.

~Dani

sammyitaly

well i think allie's name was Nelson in the book.I don't know why they changed it in Hamilton in the movie.Whatever.

hey i finally made a The Notebook vid.
    you can find it here.It's called Love Is

http://www.unassuming-grace.net/Movies.htm

Onarek

me too me too :eyebrows: I love this film soooo much

I made some TheNotebook avis.

1. 1a.

2. 2a.

3. 3a.

It's nothin' special but hope you'll like it

ladymcee

i made my dude watch this and he liked it
    so you know its a good movie

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

This movie just completely traumatized me.

In the book, Allie marries/ends up with Noah Calhoun. But, in the movie, she ends up married to Lon. It took me a while to figure it out...

Lon pretended to be Noah so he can have Allie really love him completely like he wanted her to. So that means, it was just a dream to her that she packed her bags and went back to Noah. In reality, she stayed with Lon.

But, she carried Noah's child, which explains the blonde woman who's her daughter (because it's inconceivable for her to have that blonde of hair if her father was Lon). But, the son (named Noah) and the other daughter were Lon's because they were brunette. I can't tell if the son's name was really "Noah Jr." or he was just playing along with his father's desire to please their mother and just have her call him "Noah Jr". But, it fits the generation that the blonde haired daughter thought her father was always Lon.

But, I didn't care for Noah... at all! I thought their relationship was eruptive and hormonal. If she really loved Allie, why did he bed the widow? I think Allie hadn't really experienced that umph at the end of lovemaking, yet. So, everything with Noah was passionate, but, like many people edging into marital, she needed to "know"... more. So, she had her passionate fling with Noah, who probably recovered by going back to the widow.

So, Allie picked Lon for the security and the fact that he seems to really want to still be with her... despite... completing a question. And, most probably, Allie stopped her need to rebel and simply follow in her mother's footsteps... imho. But, if we look at Lon in his later years, it might explain why Allie chose Lon... because he seemed to really love her... despite. Maybe, Allie was hoping to gain that umph with Lon, too. But, she lived it, so, she didn't have the mystery of it. But, maybe... she never got it with Lon at all and maybe why in her most frazzled state, she sought out Noah Calhoun in her dreams and created that reality. In the most primitive state (like individuals who suffered a stroke), people are inclined to want immediate need of food, shelter and most probably... pleasure. If Allie was suppressed back to that state, maybe why she needed to go back in her mind to being with Noah to at least fulfill the "pleasure" component. Maybe Lon wasn't fulfilling her need for pleasure and why she would suppress her memory of him... them. It's like her reactionary shock to the reality that she chose a path that wasn't secure. She didn't feel secure. She need to feel secure. She had to have married Noah.

I felt sad that Lon had to pretend he was Noah Calhoun just to have his wife love him... probably the only real time in his life. I felt sad at the whole deception that Allie passed without realizing that it was Lon who really loved her and not Noah.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information