Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    redrdr

.::Coming-of-Age/Teen Movies::.

Love the Breakfast Club and My Girl was cute!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ok....

I own Camp Nowhere on VHS. That tapes been with me for YEARS and I'll never forget it because it was part of my growing up and probably will be part of my aging process. :lol:

Lucas Oh Lord, I had the *biggest* crush on Charlie Sheen when I was a kid. He probably was the hottest guy ever in my mind before I saw Brad Pitt The movie itself made me cry every single time, though. Such a powerful movie, one of the best in this genre.

Sixteen Candles There's nothing I can say that hasn't been said already. To me this movie is pure brilliance. Brilliance.

Clueless A Classic. I saw it twice at theaters and I still continue to watch it and love it, etc, etc.

Say Anything Again, brilliant!

Movies like this appeal to me but make me sad. Being a teenager is sad and intense...everything ends abruptly before you even had a chance to get the hang of it. I am a nostalgic person so movies like this will move and entertain me but at the end depress me for reasons I explained above.

Nobody tells you that the feeling you have, that you have forever to figure things out is actually a one second chance to jump in and never look back. Most of us miss that second then we have to be pushed into an adulthood we haven't been introduced to. We become strangers who become people we already know. We as young adults aren't ourselves, we are the people we watched as we grew up, we become actors because we're scared to follow our natural impulses which feel childish and are much cause of embarrasment once you're past 21.

The United States of Leland is a bad movie but it has a great small scene where Kevin Spacey's character is on a plane and an old woman looks back and asks him, "aren't you that actor?" and Spacey answers "aren't we all?"

Whenever I watch a real teenager, or a person playing one in a movie I can't help but think how he/she has no idea what's coming... That makes me sad.

bellcomacento

10 Things I Hate About You
    Clueless
    Cruel Intentions

CatFoley16

I watched the last half-hour or so of Harriet the Spy today. That for me was a big coming of age movie. I've wanted to be a writer in some way basically all my life and I even did spying stuff like her. Plus how can you not love young Gregory Smith and Michelle Tractenburg (sp?) :nod:

Snoshy

Yeah, it was an indie. I loved Saved! too!! My fave part is when Cassandra starts freaking out during the assembly. Too funny! Another good one is Newsies with Christian Bale.

PiCkLeS4dAwSoN

Was that the part with the leeches?

PiCkLeS4dAwSoN

That movie turned out better than I thought it would be. I haven't read the book. It had a very My Girl feel to it, for me.

taovande

I've discussed this in another thread but My Girl, hands down, is the best coming of age movie ever for me.

PiCkLeS4dAwSoN

Now, that one I have heard of...it's an Indie, right?

Oh, speaking of Indie/Teen movies, I loved Saved!, actually, lol.

ReachOut

Ooh, tough one. Well i guess my Top 3 would have to be:

1. Stand By Me
    2. The Breakfast Club
    3. Boys 'N' The Hood

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information