Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    -res cogitans-

Alpha Dog #1: One crime. 3 days. 38 witnesses.

i really did like this film...it was so damn sad at the end though

Real Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm so pissed. My local movie theater is not showing ALPHA DOG. I was so excited about seeing it this weekend.

Ron_Cullen

I completely agree.

[sp]People curse at my school too but I still don't like it; it really bugs me. And as for the constant sex or sex talk it just really got to me and that's because I am not used to it. A lot of kids at school are real descent when it comes to that stuff. Sure they make a few jokes here and there but never to that extreme.

Yeah, Chris did do a good job in that murder scene. I wasn't expecting to see Chris that much but when he was the one that ended up digging the burial, that totally caught me off guard.

And yeah, I think Justin's performance did suprise everyone. I especially loved how 'real' his relationship with Anton was. These two guys make the acting seem fake like some do. You know JT's character was against the whole idea and he ended up taking care of the kid despite taking part as an accomplice during his murder (such as when he had to tape him up. Had he not I'm pretty sure that Elvis would've shot him too.)

One sad part, other than Zacks death, was how they showed up at the cliff and Elvis told Zack that he would be going home soon. I couldn't stop thinking that the home he meant wasn't back to his parents on Earth but to that other place. That just saddened me.

The scene where Zack (Anton) had to beg for his life, that was so sad too. Like when he kept saying that he didn't want to die. My heart ached.[/sp]

~Jules~

yeah i actually thought he was great in this movie

CrunkPunk88

I agree w/ alot of your review.

[sp]In regards to the constant cursing, Nick has said that they had actual video footage of the guys and that's how they really talked. Besides that's how they talked back in my high school. Although, yeah, it was excessive, but I think I was pretty immune to it considering I'm used to it. But alot people had the same complaint though.

There was an excessive amount of sex though, well, at least there was alot of sexual related talk, which I'm used to again, so it didn't seem to bother me as much as it did others.

Chris' performance was great especially in the murder scene.

Justin surprised me, but I think everyone had that same reaction. IMO, his and Anton's characters were the heart of the movie. Their bond made the murder so much more devasting and the scene so much more powerful.

Emile was hott, but it was so weird how his character kinda diminished. He was basically non-existent throughout the 2nd half of the film.

Anton was just perfect. I swear, he has such a sweet and innocent charm to him. In his last scene, his performance was so raw and real. When Zach was begging for his life, it just killed me. :cry:

Oh, how could I forget about Ben. Ben was so on cue. He really played Jake better than I thought he would. He had so much rage and anger, and Ben did an amazing job showing that. It must be hard portraying a meth addict, but knowing from close experience, he really did a great job.

I think I'd give the movie a 9. That scene really made an impact to me.
    [/sp]

Departure

Hey, sorry I haven't stopped by in a while. I actually looked for the CM pictures and couldn't find any? :shrug: out: If you find any and would still like me to make some icons, feel free to pm the pictures to me and I'd be glad to make them.

own worst enemy

Eh...I guess I'm in the minority. I thought it was slow-moving with bad acting. I couldn't enjoy the movie and I was so glad when it was over. JT did alright for his first time...but, the entire cast was over-the-top...so, in a way he fit in with the rest of them. I do not reccomend seeing this movie...and have no want/need to see it again.

I'd say out of the entire movie, the only actor who stood out with his performance was Ben Foster.

-res cogitans-

its was a pretty cool film...JT was pretty good :nod:

Dont forget to vote for a JT board!

Brucas&Naley91

I loved this movie!
    Justin was amazing in it!
    I knew he would be anyway but... wow!

CrunkPunk88

Here's a trailer to AD and you can see alot of the deleted scenes. I really hope the DVD has them.

YouTube - Alpha Dog Trailer

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information