Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Nayden-fan868

2007 Academy Awards Discussion

Three words: predictable as hell

It's getting annoying

I'm very happy for Marty finally winning and The Departed getting the best picture, I would have been so disappointed if they had given it to Babel. But yay for Marty & The Departed! :yay:

I'm only bummed about Leo not winning. I didn't care about the other categories so they're ok with me.

Ellen was a great host and I loved the song by Jack Black, Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly. :lol:

own worst enemy

They just looked like they didn't want to be on stage together. Very stiff...like they were strangers. It was odd...and I guess I was the only one who noticed. :shrug:

DreamOn777

Yay another Blood Diamond fan.I honestly have been pimping this movie to everyone I know.Sure,it's not the best movie that ever was.It has flaws...but it went above and beyond my expectations,is truly an emotional experience,and showcases just how much Leo Dicaprio has grown.

The hype for Babel is just silly IMO.I saw the movie and thought it was good..but def. not my favorite of the season.I thought 21 Grams was better.

Also,about The Last King of Scotland,I def. saw where the hype came from and I thought Forest gave a really great performance but it was very "Oscar" and he just wouldn't be my pick to win though he probably will.

broken|smile

Out of the best actress categories Ive only seen 'The devil wears Prada' and as good as Meryl Streep was in it, it wasnt oscar-worthy so I dont know.
    I loved Ellen Paige from 'Hard Candy' her performance was amazing, I strongly expected at least a GG nomination for her.

jackiehydelover

I love surprises too but I have money riding every year on the Oscars :lol: I actually won the Oscar pool last year and there was another year (unfortunately I wasn't in a pool) where I got every single category correct. I'm a poor graduate student (in a film program no less) so I need the money :lol:

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I think it's hilarious how Dreamgirls essentially had a monopoly on the music category (forgot the name), yet the award went to Melissa Etheridge for An Inconvenient Truth.

I thought Jon Stewart did alright at the Oscars last year, but I can understand why some people didn't like the humor. But yeah, there really was no shocking moment like the cliché Crash beating the overrated Brokeback Mountain last year.

DreamOn777

I also think Marty will win this year.It's almost like a 'have to'.If they don't give it to him,I agree,it will be worse for them than for him because people will be pointing the finger.

I'm not a huge Clint Eastwood fan.I'm not really sure why.So if he wins this year over Marty,I'm gonna just be annoyed.I know the Academy loves him but Marty deserves it already...esp for "The Departed"

It's my dream to win an Oscar for Best Screenplay.I would love that.I would hope to give a memorable/funny/but still touching speech.I think esp. if you win for something that's not acting or directing,you'll only be remembered if you give a great speech.

But most of all,I'd thank my parents! And my future gorgeous movie star husband *cough* Leo Ryan John George Dicaprio Gosling Krasinski Clooney *cough*

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

LMS might have a shot @ Best Picture i think, since it won at the SAG awards earlier.

and pretty much the whole award show went with the winners you would expect. So the Oscars will probably end up the same. Which i think is good since Eddie and Jennifer won their awards at the SAGs..that, along with winning their GG...just reenforces the idea of winning the Oscars for their roles

crazy_diamond

Surprised that Jack didn't get a nod for best supporting actor glad that Mark gets a nod for best supporting actor for 'The Departed' Thgouth that Leo would get a nod for 'The Departed instead of Blood Diamond, disappointed that Matt D and Martin Sheen didn't get a nod either

Hope Departed and Mark win and also Marty wins for best director, he deserves it

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information