Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hotel Rwanda

fattyboomboom21

Hotel Rwanda

i liked don chedle...or whatever...however you spell it. he did a good job in it.

Nayden-fan868

Hotel Rwanda

I saw it and it was amazing. I remember being in school when they were talking about the genocide back then. At first I didn't want to see it because I knew it would be heart-wrenching.

But it was really good. Don Cheadle did an amazing job.

Jamie did good in Ray but Don was superb in this movie. He did so much better than Leo.

wanderer78

Hotel Rwanda

I saw it too, and I thought it was amazing. I'm actually rooting for it at the Oscars, but I don't think it will win anything. I went to see it b/c I'm a huge fan of Don Cheadle, but I ended up getting so much more from it.

I thought there was enough violence. We see violent images all the time on the news. And most of us (myself included) are desensitized to it.

I think by putting a human face and feelings to it, it made me feel more.

The scene that terrified me was when all those toddlers and small children were sitting silently in that room without an adult. And when Paul Ruseabagina turned on the light and they all went silent. He had to tell them it was OK. The idea of children under 5 expecting harm and death was very scary to me.

Or when he saw an overturned Red Cross van and thought it was his friend was dead.

Sasha, thanks for that link. Hopefully, this time something will be done.

Rivulet027

Hotel Rwanda

I recently saw this film as well. One of the kids in my writing class wrote a wonderful review on it urging everyone to go see it. It's relevant.

I also don't understand how someone could review it and say there wasn't enough violence. Did they miss all the violence in the film? It was there. You really got a sense of the helplessness that they felt and the horror of the events.

mukooh

Hotel Rwanda

yes, sad to say it is....it's based on the true story of paul ruseabagina.....a man i liken to a moden day oskar schindler....

read about paul ruseabagina here

yoshy

Hotel Rwanda

Is the movie based on true story?

XOrefused

Hotel Rwanda

Sasha thanks for the link. Its important to point out that the horrors of Rwanda aren't over yet. The movie is so relevant to what's happening in the Sudan but unfortunately everyone's wearing blinders about it.

varock

Hotel Rwanda

i enjoyed this movie a lot. reminded me of schindler's list.

and whoever says it's not violent enough is completely missing the whole point of this movie.

mh67511

Hotel Rwanda

Yeah I agree. It was a great movie and everyone should see it.

S.A.S.H.A.

Hotel Rwanda

I saw this film and thought it was wonderfully done. There isn't a lot of downright brutal violence like in some movies, but you see enough of the chaos that ensues by the people fleeing and the outcome of it all by seeing those that escaped deal with the killings, which seemed more powerful and emotional to me than showing countless people getting stabbed or shot to death.

Sudan genocide

Actor Don Cheadle and members of
    Congress at a news conference about
    the crisis in Darfur, Sudan.

Sasha

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information