Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    BriarKat

Hardware Upgrade Online Mistake

I don't know if anyone else has encountered this problem, but I was sent a "Free" Blackberry Curve, I guess I was picked from a handfull of customers. Anyway, this "Free" Blackberry Curve bumped up my hardware upgrade date and now I can't upgrade in March like my account says.

The CSR quickly told me the website is wrong. She also told me to buy an unlocked phone from another source.

Becareful when you get a free phone.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for watching out!

The Free Blackberry Curve offer was indeed handed to a few customers but IT WAS NEVER SENT without their consent.
    It expired on the 31st of December and consisted of the following :

0$ Pearl Flip or Curve 8310
    99$ BB Bold

Prices triggered after renewing your contract for three years and adding a minimum 15$ data plan on your account.

There is NO way that would have been done without your consent or someone pretending to be you's consent.

I would urgently contact the call center 1-888-Rogers-1 (1-888-764-3771) and ask when the upgrade was done and with whom's consent.

The phone was sent to you because HUP are sent to the address on file.

I truly believe a fraudulent act was done on your account over the phone. Somebody must have known your address, cellphone number, date of birth and postal code and did the HUP on your account thinking he/she could have it delivered somewhere else.

Please people put a password on your accounts.

PS: Dismiss this if you were the one that ACCEPTED THE BB Curve but you should call and ask why you weren't told that it would act as your HUP and extend your three years contract therefore making your previous HUP date obsolete.

Disclaimer : Everything I say in this forum I say as a private citizen and not as an employee of any company I may or may not write about. Furthermore, all posting are done on my private computers or Blackberry. (

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks ranxoren - I did ask the CSR why the phone was sent to me. She told me that it was sent to a handfull of customers and that I should have received a letter about the phone. I told her that I did not receive a letter or a phone call about the "prize" BB Curve. She then asked how did the phone arrive. I told her that my building landlord called me to inform me that there was a package at the office for me, and low and behold it was the BB. She had no answer to that.

I assumed that this BB arrived at no charge to me because I had put in a previous complaint about the iPhone. There was a CSR in Kitchener (retention dept) that told me he was going to personally send me a red BB because I was unhappy.

Its nice to see CSR's from Rogers who do care like you.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

im actually not a CSR - im a little higher up but moving on .

That letter they are referring to is a mail sent to a handful of customers and that like i said offers the following.

That said, again, the offer only works when YOU, YOURSELF, REQUEST the phone.
    I would call back and see who asked for the offer to be redeemed. Because as you may know by now you are into a brand new 3years contract hence why you cannot upgrade your phone.

The retention rep mentioning the free Red 8310 probably told you that it will be pending your acceptance of a 3years renewal, or at least he SHOULD have told you.

Disclaimer : Everything I say in this forum I say as a private citizen and not as an employee of any company I may or may not write about. Furthermore, all posting are done on my private computers or Blackberry. (

busta5000_y

Ok so I took ranxoren advice and called back about the "free" BB. It seems that phone calls are only left on the servers for 30 days so there's no audio to determine the voice who agreed to the BB with a new 3 year plan. So I have no actual way of knowing who agree'd to this 3 year deal with the BB.

In my personal opinion the gentlemen who was all heroric from rentention promised me the BB for $150 but failed to mention that I would be extending my contract for another 3 years. The conversation I had with him is coming back to me as I try to sort all this phone business out.

Ranxoren can you validate this statement for me? "If you pull the SIM card out of the phone that Rogers sends you and put your original SIM card in, does that completely void the warranty on the phone 100%"? This is also coming from the gentleman from rentention.

One more thing I've noticed - the last CSR Clearly not Ranxoren said that my next hardware upgrade is not until Dec 09 - but the website says Mar 09. The CSR said that is a mistake and I should see the change, well I don't see the change, which is good - I want a BOLD.

Thanks Ranxoren for all the knowledge you supply.

b_icyb

No problem youre welcome.

Problem is, now you cannot prove that he never said it or that you never agreed to it. Try pushing this. Although I truly believe youre out of luck on this one.

100% Wrong it is up to you to decide whether or not you want to keep using your Original SIM car which in a lot of cases holds your contacts (i see some people still using SIM cards from the Rogers AT&T era).

Sorry to say but no you cannot trick the system for upgrades.
    You will get an upgrade ONE YEAR after your last one.
    Now with that said, the best way to know when your HUP is due, is to visit your nearest rogers location and to ask THEM when you are eligible for an HUP.
    Because you aren't all they will see is a page saying : "This customer will not be eligible for an HUP until xxxx" (where xxxx is the date you will be eligible).

My pleasure

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

thankss

C. L. Richardson

That would be me

bri babe

hehe You know you wont be getting as good of a 3G signal as the one youd be getting with a new Rogers 4000 series SIM CARD ?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information