Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    brandyd7

Tutorial : Browsing & other cool apps on Rogers' 15$ plan UPDATED CONSTANTLY !!

Awesome thanks for the info. I haven't refreshed my GPS data since December, and I am ~20KM away from where I was when I did that. I will do it tomorrow when I have a better view of the sky and the satellites.

I really like the instant push of gmail. I get the msg on my phone before my Google Talk on my PC notifies me.

Thanks again for the info ranxoren. I will share it with others who need the info.

C.O.P (Cow On Parole)

Ranxoren, I have downloaded Google Talk from the BB website before, but I haven't been able to get the required service books!

butin4

updated with methods to get service books

C-law

Thanks Ranxoren! I will try doing that tonight--downloading Google Talk again from RIM's website and reregistering the HRT. I have to admit I am not that sure it will work! But hey, it's a start!

bri babe

well thats ALL the methods that SHOULD work so if none works then ur out of luck :P
    but contact rim with ur pin and maybe they can send them to ur phone directly

Britni Warner

Ranxoren, does it work on your phone? Are you with Rogers? If so, what method did YOU use to get the Google Talk service books?

C-law

when i installed them it changed my date back a month and when i changed it back, battery pull and TADA ! lol

and yes im on rogers, oh btw brothersmirnoff could you please link me to the post you copied my tutorial for (just wanna make sure you didnt take credit for it hehe ) and eventually i could get more info from that post if some people have more knowledge than me as for loopholes in the 15$plan (i think i know them all tho lol)

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Does your phone hang when you start up google maps? I'm on the bb8820 from AT&T Unlocked on Rogers now. Everytime I try to start up google maps, the phone just completely hangs and I have to do a battery pull. Anyone have any ideas?

Bob Sanchezel

To Ranxoren, here's the thread. I didn't credit you, but I didn't credit myself either...!

And to Amsirron, the key to Google Maps is you have to start it once using WAP APN (borrow someone's SIM Card) and accept their terms of service. Once you do that, you should be able to go back to your own Sim Card and it works. When I first tried it, my Google Maps was doing the same thing as yours.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

yep u can just read the tutorial amsirron23 everything is explained on there
    brothersmirnoff why didnt u credit me lol ? :P i dont really care im just messing with u

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information