Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tutorial : Browsing & other cool apps on Rogers' 15$ plan UPDATED CONSTANTLY !!

"granfathered" means that thay do not change your plan
    this is how you keep things the same and only change when you want.

so yes if a person off the street asked for the $15 ul email plan they would get the one that has 2md of data

But I have the $15 email paln with no data and it has not changed from the first day the plan came out.

bucktoui

Hey...its been a 2 or 3 months of usage with the $15 unlimited email plan, and Ranxoren you can re-add the Windows Live tutorial back on because ive used the GPS multiple times and no extra charges. 10mb of data...$0

BriarKat

aight if u wanna please give them back to me since they were yours ill be happy to put em back up

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello to all the fine folks here.
    I'm new to BB so please bear with me a little if the question(s) are too elementary (I searched but couldn't find the answers, I apologize if I missed)

Question #1:
    I currently don't have any data plan, in fact years ago I asked Rogers to block Internet access because I was getting data usage bills, (probably accidental) so whatever they did, I no longer can access a browser on any phone with my sim, which was what I wanted at that time (until now that is)
    Is this going to be a problem if I subscribe to the $15 plan?

Question #2:
    I haven't informed Rogers that I bought a BB (Provider 107 Rogers) I suppose I have to if I want to get the unlimited email plan right?
    Is this good/bad?

Question #3:
    I used a friend's sim (who has BES data plan) on my pearl to install most of the suggested apps.
    I think I got everything working with his sim except for opera mini
    I installed Opera Mini using DM app loader, and then when I ran it on BB, it showed a progress bar and said installing
    The progress bar got stock quite a bit at 90-95% and then showed a Failure message.
    I tried this several times with no success.
    I tried the same thing on his Curve and it worked flawlessly.
    So it's not the method or the sim, could there be something on my phone causing this?

Question 4:
    I have loaded the Service book posted by ranxoren on my BB, but I don't understand the second part of it:
    After you do that, be sure to go to the Rogers BIS site https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=rogers and resend your own service books as the restore deletes your old ones and loads the ones in the file. However when you resend them, you get the google talk ones and your own books
    Do I need to create an account? as I don't have one what exactly does this step do for me? I'm assuming it is essential.

Sorry again for too many questions, I appreciate your help
    Thanks in advance.

C-law

Question 3 and 4....question 3 are you sure you downloaded the right opera mini version for the pearl because if it worked flawlessly on the curve then you must have downloaded the wrong version. Question 4 relates to question 1 and 2. In order to get the right service books, you have to have a BIS account which is only activated once you sign up on the 15dollar unlimited email and pin plan. Question 1 You shouldn't have a problem signing up for it because apparently the data you were accessing beforehand was from rogers itself, while the data you will be using now is different, its managed by RIM and then forwarded to your phone. Question 2. The only way to get the 15 unlimited is to tell them you have a blackberry because you need one to sign up on it. Not necessarily a bad thing.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information