Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    ><>ANGEL<><

Rogers Wireless BIS 1.8 or 2.0

The two things I disliked about BIS 1.8 were:
    - inbox
    - inability to reply to an email using anything but the default address

Yes, yes, I tried BBreply, but I couldn't get it to work with my BIS, only my BES, but I don't need to change my email from address on the BES.

With 2.0, all my issues are solved!

However, as I was just searching around for more information on whether Rogers Wireless is on BIS 1.8 or 2.0, I discovered that they are on BOTH!

Turns out, if you signed up under 1.8, you will stay 1.8, likely forever. Rogers Wireless has no intention to force people to upgrade. But if you signed up for a new account after they launched the new BIS, you would be put on the BIS 2.0, without a choice to use BIS 1.8.

I discovered that a quick phone call to Rogers BlackBerry support, 1-866-931-DATA (3282), would result in the deletion of the 1.8 account, and subsequent freeing of PIN and IMEI, to allow for a new signup with the BIS 2.0.

I was warned that not all the features would be available to me, because I was using a 7100r, which only has OS 4.0. And that only the 8700r has OS 4.1, which can use all the features of BIS 2.0. I didn't say anything about having a "hacked" OS 4.1 from Hong Kong on my 7100r.

I was quite amazed! Without even rebooting my BB, the new accounts were added nearly in realtime as I was adding them to my new BIS 2.0 account. Each with a confirmation message from the BIS that they had been setup. Then a few test emails sent to myself from myself to various accounts on the BIS/BB confirmed that it does indeed work correctly, and the way that I had imagined it would.

Some people prefer BIS 1.8 over 2.0. I've used both, 1.8 for a year, and 2.0 for 35 minutes, and I prefer 2.0. Having yet another inbox on webmail was not something I thought was a good idea. I never logged in to check for messages in BIS 1.8, since it was already leaving copies of all my mail in the originating inboxes.

If there are any Rogers BlackBerry users out there who have read this and are considering the switch and have any questions, just PIN me and I'll be happy to answer.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

- inbox

Yes, yes, I tried BBreply, but I couldn't get it to work with my BIS, only my BES, but I don't need to change my email from address on the BES.

However, as I was just searching around for more information on whether Rogers Wireless is on BIS 1.8 or 2.0, I discovered that they are on BOTH!

Turns out, if you signed up under 1.8, you will stay 1.8, likely forever. Rogers Wireless has no intention to force people to upgrade. But if you signed up for a new account after they launched the new BIS, you would be put on the BIS 2.0, without a choice to use BIS 1.8.

I discovered that a quick phone call to Rogers BlackBerry support, 1-866-931-DATA (3282), would result in the deletion of the 1.8 account, and subsequent freeing of PIN and IMEI, to allow for a new signup with the BIS 2.0.

I was warned that not all the features would be available to me, because I was using a 7100r, which only has OS 4.0. And that only the 8700r has OS 4.1, which can use all the features of BIS 2.0. I didn't say anything about having a "hacked" OS 4.1 from Hong Kong on my 7100r.

I was quite amazed! Without even rebooting my BB, the new accounts were added nearly in realtime as I was adding them to my new BIS 2.0 account. Each with a confirmation message from the BIS that they had been setup. Then a few test emails sent to myself from myself to various accounts on the BIS/BB confirmed that it does indeed work correctly, and the way that I had imagined it would.

Some people prefer BIS 1.8 over 2.0. I've used both, 1.8 for a year, and 2.0 for 35 minutes, and I prefer 2.0. Having yet another inbox on webmail was not something I thought was a good idea. I never logged in to check for messages in BIS 1.8, since it was already leaving copies of all my mail in the originating inboxes.

If there are any Rogers BlackBerry users out there who have read this and are considering the switch and have any questions, just PIN me and I'll be happy to answer.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

- inbox

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

- inbox

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

- inbox

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

- inbox

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Great info.. thanks

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Great info.. thanks

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

- inbox

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Great info.. thanks

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information