Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Rogers isn't going to lower data rates

Bandwidth and Data Limits are two completely different things.

you should look it up and do some reading if you are selling this stuff to rogers customers.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

This is another one of my problems with Rogers. How come as a customer I know more about Rogers/BB and Data than the bloody person trying to sell me the damn thing. Every BB I have ever owned I have gotten straight from the Rogers store not a 3rd party seller so why this is still happening. I also believe Rogers should inform there stores/employees about new devices coming out more than 1 week before they hit the selves. Rogers is a poorly run company. If I ran my company that way I dont know if I would be in business. Rogers has to remember we as the customer make the company what it is.

BTMF

~via BB (wap.rabroad.com)~
    Last time I called their data cust serv rep I asked what new BlackBerry were coming out. Like the 8320 with wifi. The guy had no idea what that was. They said that the 8310 was the newest. I would say that if you find a Rogers store in your area that has a good rep. Stick with that store.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yes...I can see it now..unlimited data....$1000/month...brought to you by ROGERS (jingle)

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

They'd discount it down to $999/month with 15% off your base voice phone plan...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I don't think anyone is REALLY looking for lower prices (some are, that do not understand the process), I know I'm not, i just want as u indicated, more MB for my money...even if Rogers was to drop their $25 1MB plan to say 7MB, that would work in my books.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

There are many factors which will determine data rates. Years ago, all provides offered a $60 unlimited package but removed this for valid reasons. First, they realized a spike in data device activations based on corporate and government use. This alone is a revenue generator and to have business on the go ability, corporations and government sectors will pay for this option. Another issue was people abusing the "unlimited" data and not following proper protocol. Due to a strain on the network, removing the unlimited plan and charging for a "simple" package or on a pay-per-use basis was more effective.

Due to market trend moving towards data, Rogers is the first company to offer unlimited data on BB's. If you go to rogers.com, you will see this but in fine print, it states they [Rogers] reserves the right to charge $7.00 per MB if your accounts data usage exceeds 25MB. This is a soft cap and it was explained the only time a client will be billed for over usage on an unlimited plan is if there is a consistent pattern of bandwidth abuse.

With the upcoming release of the BlackBerry 8320 (Cuve 2) with built in WiFi, if you're not happy with the data rates, take advantage of WiFi through your home network or some of the WiFi hotspots.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

EDIT: No longer happy... the buggers removed the Unlimted Data account as a typo...
    -----------------

EDIT: I wrote this just before finding this. Rogers has just gone with Unlimited data!

I called Rogers data support and thanked them for allowing unlimted data!

They noted my account as "happy"

------------------------------------------------------

I am a Rogers customer.
    I am not a corporate user of a BlackBerry.
    I do not use the Enterprize Activation with any BES.
    I pay my bill not some expense to submit to a corporation.

Why do I pay the same as someone who does? This is the root of my problem. Rogers keeps raising the price. I email the corporate monster asking for lower data prices for consumers...

What I would like to see is BIS and BES account... One for corporate users... and one for us consumers.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Read the fine print....they restrict the right to charge you per MB over 25mb...25 MB is NOT unlimited data.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

if excessive... you could be charged... i doubt I can use my data in the excessive side.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information