Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

How To: HTC Hero Flash to Cricket with Talk, Text, Wap and MMS

I already flashed to cricket using the tutorial, talk works, but whenever i try to text using the default messager, it turns black and then a window pops up and says;

SMS Error

SMS Error: message to 512744**** not sent. Saved in Undelivered messages. Please try again later.

and then it gives you the option of choosing ok or details, and when i choose details it says;

SMS Error

Cause Code : 97
    Error Class : 2

I followed the talk, text tutorial to the T, can anyone offer any insight?

well i successfully got thru the *228 part but it gave me 1x so i finished the tutorial and nothing i still have 1x i saw the evdo icon but then it switched back to 1x can anyone please help me.....im on a htc hero. idc about mms just evdo is a must 1x is horribly slow!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

if it is bouncing between 3g/1x then your not authenticated, try to make sure you have your correct [email protected] and password cricket in the fields in qpst or EPST whichever you prefer.

if its just 1x (not bouncing to 1x and then 3g then 1x etc) then your prl may not be an evdo prl or your current location may not be able to get evdo.

i could be completely wrong but that is my understanding of what would cause it to stay in 1x, but im not an expert, just what iv read.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Holy crap it actually worked! I am by no means an expert in doing ANYTHING with a phone...I got my son a hero in December and thought it was neato so I went and got one for myself and wanted to change some stuff so I learned how to root it and flash roms and stuff. then Sprint got a bit too expensive so I wanted to go to the Cricket PayGo which i have used before and thought I'd give this a shot. it took a bit of trial and error (and 12 hours to realize I did not, in fact, have the most current version of QPST needed to recognize the Hero model) but I now have talk/text, MMS and web working! yay! Just wanted to give some encouragement to those frustrated because I was seriously pulling my hair out a few times and screaming at the phone/computer, but eventually after doing some googling and searching this thread I found every answer to every question I had. It's working great now! Good luck everyone...if a middle-aged technologically impaired mom can figure this out, you can do it too...just be patient and search search search!!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Okay, so I've successfully rooted & flashed my hero to Cricket on DC v1.0 rom. Following this thread, I have everything working right, except for outgoing MMS. I've tried every method & fix mentioned, as well as a few suggestions from other sites. Using APN Backup/Restore, I get errors when changing to Cricket settings. I used DC's mms fix.zip & get an error that the "message cannot be found" when trying to send it. I am now using Gumbo's 2.1 mms fix.zip and I can receive & view pic messages with Sprint settings. I find that strange, being that I am not on Sprint service! I've also tried the telephony.db along with both of tokens zip files. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! I have searched & searched for 2 weeks for a solution, but haven't found it yet.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information