Tunes" on my Sony Ericsson T715a? This must have been asked frequently but, why am I not able to use the songs that I have downloaded on my phone as a ringtone or "Ring tune"? Each time I try to select a song for it, the folder will say empty and will unable to switch my ringtone to that song. It isn't the problem with the files, all of them are mp3 and I see that the default ringtones are either .mp3 or .MIDI. I went through the steps as well on the Sony Ericsson sight to set my "favorite track" as a ringtone and to no prevail, it did not allow me at all.
This must have been asked frequently but, why am I not able to use the songs that I have downloaded on my phone as a ringtone or "Ring tune"? Each time I try to select a song for it, the folder will say empty and will unable to switch my ringtone to that song. It isn't the problem with the files, all of them are mp3 and I see that the default ringtones are either .mp3 or .MIDI. I went through the steps as well on the Sony Ericsson sight to set my "favorite track" as a ringtone and to no prevail, it did not allow me at all.

Also, I do not want to use ringtone download sites such as Ventone
Also I don not want to use ringtone download sites such as Ventones