Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Nimiq 1

Getting billed for what was promised free in a retention deal

Without being shown the SAME Credit Card as was used to place the order we, as Installers, are instructed to leave.

The Installer does not need to record any Details just record that he saw the Card, they are also instructed to see another form of Photo ID, Drivers Permit for example, again, no details are recorded, just the fact that it was seen.

If they do not see these, our instructions from Express Vu are that the Installation will NOT continue.

However, in the real world, these technicians do not get paid if they do not install the system, so many times these requirements are not enforced. It's a risk they the Techs choose to take.

Every now and again it will backfire, and a Customer will have service installed and has no valid Credit card anymore, that is when it becomes very nasty between Express Vu and the Tech, who Express Vu will then say is responsible for the costs of the receivers. Even though Express Vu know they are installed and working and do not disconnect them.

We have had Technicians drive back out to collect receivers rather than pay for them.

It all gets very dirty.

Ex Agent EV

Wel, if theyhad respected the procedure in the first place (see the credit card) it would not happen.

I agree that it's frustrating for a tech to waste time driving to the client's (and gaz, at today's price), but it saves lots of complications

They should revise the agreement they have with the techs to, at least, give them a little something, a compensation when the adress is not right there is no line of sight, client is absent, or anything that would prevent the tech from doing his job.

I would also be in favor, and I know lots of clients would disagree her, of a policy were whe you have a tech appoitement and you are not there you are charged a penalty. Penalty which could be waived if you called between the time that tech tooked his assignement in the morning and the time he went to the client's... All the money collected that way will go directly to the tech to compensate time and gaz...

Also I think that tech should ALWAYS call, prior to comming to the client's house to ensure that everything is OK (credit card is there,permisson letter from tech, somebody is there, adress is right). If they can not reach the client (wrong number-number not in service-no answer) then they shodn't go. Of course all this hould be explained t the client to make sure nobody is surprised.

djino

I received a phone call 30 minutes prior to my tech's arrival.

djino
    "My tech did his job..yup"

haystack

To still have a card when it has be invalidated would be the norm. How would a installer now its valid by looking at it. I would not even let a third party know I have a card. Receivers are paid for next day it takes another few weeks for the installer to show, that was three years ago so I don't know how much time expressvu has to get their money now.
    People who give their credit card for ID are fools.
    Bell told me I should only show ID.

haystack

As long as it goes both ways . I don't think you would have a problem with customers but installers would never go for that. Sometimes there is nothing you can do.
    PS
    Be careful lots of managers post to DHC

Nimiq 1

Haystack,

This is exactly why there are so many problems with the current system.

Bell tell a Customer one thing, Express Vu might say another and we are instructed in probably yet another way.

All I can say is that in ALL the documentation we have received from Express Vu, if a Customer does not show a Credit Card and Photo ID, then we should walk away.

Nimiq 1

Agent,

Whilst I like this idea and most Technicians will do this, believe it or not, even if there is a problem detected over the telephone, Express Vu's EDD (Express Vu Dispatch Desk) still insist on the Technician going to the house....

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information