Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I_Want_My_HDTV

Question from a new customer

In dual mode, you can set the 9200 to record a program on "TV2" while watching a live program on "TV1". I do this all the time from TV1. It just means that live programming cannot be watched on TV2. If you have frequent viewers on both TVs it pretty much turns the 9200 into two single tuner PVRs. Time shifting and PVR features can be used to move recordings to off-peak hours but it takes some effort. Just figure out what two 5900s will cost and you are still ahead with a 9200, considering the HD and other features. OTOH, you could get a 9200 and 5900 or two 9200s if that is required.

The contracts just protect EV from excessive receiver churn and extra overhead. Someone who rents a 5900 and gets a HDTV later can rent or buy a 9200 for the HDTV and put the 5900 and SDTV in another room until the contract is up. I expect the 5900 will soon be discontinued, once existing stock is gone. I doubt the 5900 has been made for a couple of years.

Nimiq 1

Just to confuse you even more, the 9200 can record 2 shows at the same time while either watching 2 pre-recorded shows or watching Live TV from an Off Air source, even live HD, depends on your location.

SensualPoet

I stand corrected.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information