Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    dillback

question about becoming new customer

i probably went about doing this the wrong way, but anyway i ended up buying a dish off of ebay a while back. And more recently i bought the 6131 HD receiver onsale from TheSource.ca website. I had a friend help me point the dish, and i have great quality, about 90% on 82, and 95% on 91. Everything is hooked up and ready to go. Im not currently a BellTV customer (but I am a Bell phone customer).

Inside the box of my 6131 receiver, there is a piece of paper that says to call 1 888 SKY DISH to book an installation if you're a new customer. Since I already have everything set up, can i just call and have the programming set up? Or are they going to insist on an installer still coming over? Because it says even for existing subscribers who are just adding the receiver to their account: In order to add your new high definition receiver to your existing account, you will need to book an installation to ensure that your new receiver is properly installed and able to maximize your bell tv HD experience.

I chose to install everything myself because I work weird hours, and having an installer come over just wouldnt work for me (they never come when they're supposed to anyway). So how is this going to play out?

dosborne

Installing yourself is not a problem and they will not send an installer. I installed all my dishes and receiver myself as do many people (except my 1 rental unit which must be professionally installed).

Bell does offer free install and other new customer deals that you should still get, although you obviously don't need to take them. The free install won't matte to you nor will discounts on receivers unless you want another for another TV.

You may be able to talkt them into additional programming credits instead.

dillback

alright, that is good to hear.

so just call up 1 888 SKY DISH to sign up? i dont have to go to a Bell store?

dc17

Exactly. Just call SKY DISH now assuming you already know what packages you want.

haystack

I would check out the website and call them a few times to find out whats available to a new customer before I purchased. They are sometimes not very forthcoming on what a new account can get. $25 discount for online subscription, free SD receiver or $100 off any other receiver are just a few of the offers.

cslusarc

As a Bell TV external partner Customer Service Representative, we can definately create a new account for you. We do need the following:

- to verify that you have a decent (80%+) signal on both Sat 91 and 82
    - that you have done a check switch
    - that you have downloaded the newest version of software by verifying the version # and the Rev # (found on SysInfo One and Three)
    - in order to open a new account (which was not preregistered in OrderMax or IRIS) we need your name, service address, bill-to address, your phone number, your receiver's serial number and the serial number for the smartcard. We will also set a 4 digit PIN and a secret question (there are 6 questions such as: What is your mother's maiden name?)

In order to get the new customer promotion, you need to call back after your profile as been opened in Multivu (at least 24 hours later) so we can submit a billing wizard ticket for your $100 new customer rebate for your ORS purchase.

Oh, as a new customer you'll be on a one year contract. Turn of your services and there will be a $100 Early Termination Penalty.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information