Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

infection... inside my earlobe?

on each ear i have 3 peircings, and twice within the past 6 months i have gotten an infection.. INSIDE my earlobe. no kidding. its between my first peircing and the attachment of the lobe itself.
    its on the back, and it feels like a huge lump. i have gotten drainage out already, it usually takes a couple of times, so i guess onces its ready to pop, the drainage takes like a week to get all out.
    this is about to be nasty, so prepare yourself.
    whenever the lump pops, first comes out the green puss, which obviously means infection, then comes out blood, and some "clear blood" (its still red but more transparant (sp) )
    this morning is the 2nd time i have gotten drainage out, and there is still some in there but i cant squeeze it all out. its like it has intervals.

anyways... im wondering what causes this infection? the right ear has never had this problem, its just my left ear.

I find with some earrings that my earlobe gets infected too. I have come to the conclusion that my earlobes have some kind of sensititivy to the earring itself. If it's not real gold, my earlobe starts to itch and becomes red. I take the earring out immediately. Make sure you are cleaning the posts with alcohol
    before putting them in. If I were you, I would wait awhile and let the infection heal properly before inserting earrings again.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

yeah i cleaned off the earring with an alcohol swab. well all of the ones that im wearing. i dont wear gold... ive always had a problem with fake gold but i wear silver. this is the first time ever within the past 6 months to get an infection.

Bob Sanchezel

I hope you are putting an antibiotic ointment or cream on the infected ear. Also put antibiotic ointment or cream on the post of earing before inserting while they are infected.

Sometimes it is necessary to take earing out and put sterile cotton string (the right size) in the ear until it is healed. Use antibiotic ointment on the string and pull back and forth to get it inside the hole 4 times a day.

Many times it is not what the post is made of but what the back is made of. Nickel plating on the backs are usually the guilty metal.

Speaking from experience with 3 daughters ear problems.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

well i took my earring out... and i have been washing my ear, and putting alcohol swabs.. yesterday i did that. i know that putting a string in your ear wouldnt be painful.. but it sounds like it hurts. how would you get it through anyways? i needle?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information