Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

please read!! scared..

Over the last 6 months I've had a change in bowel habits, which weren't too bothersome. Occasional constipation or loose stools, but nothing that was too severe for me to handle. (I'm 20 years old)

About 3 months ago I started having pain on the right lower side of my abdomen, I freaked out thinking it was appendicitis but my gyn. found a rather big cyst on my right ovary. When it was gone, the pain came back again, this time nothing gynecological. I went to a gastrointestinal doctor who said I might have a spastic colon. I never took the tests and x-rays he wanted me to. Now the pain comes and goes every now and then, nothing too severe.
    However, 3 days ago i developed a light stomach ache and thought it was nothing.
    When I felt the urge to use the bathroom it became extremely painful, I had alternating sweat outbreaks and chills and it was very difficult to pass the stool. Often I feel like I haven't "finished" my bowel movement, but this time was much worse. I calmed myself down and let it be. Yesterday it happened again, the pain was even worse just right before and during the bowel movement, again it was hard to even pass the stool and it felt unfinished, I tried straining which only made me feel like I should throw up so I gave up again and the pain went away. Today I felt the urge again and the pain came back, made myself calm down and strained, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to pass the stool and the pain would have been worse.
    I am not constipated though, the stool is soft and quite thin (I am so sorry for the details) and looked a little reddish today although I may be imagining it.
    I don't know what I have and I'm scared I have colon cancer! Does anyone have a clue what could be going on? I'm really scared!!

Thank you so much for reading and sorry again for the details :S

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

please read!! scared..

Starting with basics, how's your fiber intake? How is your diet in general?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

please read!! scared..

I wouldn't panic. I don't think this is anything like cancer. but it does sound like you might have ischemia in the bowel. You have to be checked. You will to at minimal need a lower gi series done.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

please read!! scared..

i thought this problem had been going on for 3 months. but if its more acute symptoms and you have traveled and changed diet recently, i wouldnt worry unless the symptoms dont pass after about a week.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information