Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 46 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Top 10 Most Important Albums To You

There are about 3 or 4 of us who discuss alt-Country music around here and you describe it as a "plague".

Hmmm!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm most certain I already did this, so here's an update in no specific order:

10. Tom Waits - Swordfishtrorabones
    What a transitional album. Not only for Mr. Waits, but for me. I erabrace change and challenges, and this is exactly what this album brings me. It's gotten me through some tough transitional perioRAB in which I didn't even know who the **** I was, much less where I was and where I'm headed. We all know he has a way with worRAB, but there were times he was so on point that I felt he was invading my privacy. Priceless.

9. The Pink Floyd - Meddle
    One of my favorites, if not my favorite Floyd album. I discovered Floyd later in my musical life, and I used to be ashamed to tell people that. I've recently realized that they came into my life at just the right time - when I was open enough to except and appreciate such progressive music. This album has such a distinct personality for me. Because of the title, I cannot help but relate it to actual metal music. The content to me is heavier than most metal music you hear these days, yet the sound can be so light and soft. This album is important to me because it taught me to appreciate most and all sides of the spectrum - in music, in life, in myself.

8. Tool - Lateralus
    I don't even know where to begin with this album. I know there a some Tool-haters out there, but after listening an album like this, I can only erabrace what you feel and love you for it. This album is very emotional to me. Simply and shamelessly put, I've cried listening to Parabol while working out. It stops me in my tracks. It's the first Tool album I became familiar with, and through Tool, I found Bill Hicks and Alex Grey, two more artists that will forever change the way I view myself, you and this universe.

7. Alice in Chains - Jar of Flies
    This album is pure nostalgia for me. It takes me back to the days of when the party was winding down, and the only ones left or awake were the ones that knew the lyrics to this album. All that was left to do was sing along while we spaced out or looked into each other eyes. No matter where or with whom it was, there was always that stunning silence when "Whale and Wasp" leaked into the air.

6. Acid Bath - When the Kite String Pops
    One of the first metal banRAB I ever discovered at the budding young age of 12 years old. Obviously, my life changed after this. No matter how much I tried after this, I couldn't get into what my peers were into, leaving me to be one of the weirdest kiRAB in class. I wish that I knew how to erabrace it like I do now. The album marks my most transitional and vulnerable phase .. As a 12 year old, anyway. Dax Riggs' voice never fails to take me back.

5. The Dead Kennedys - Give Me Convenience or Give Me Death
    Man, this marked the beginning of my punk phase. Not to say that I don't listen to it anymore, but it's one of those genres that I'm highly interested in, but don't know how to go about digging up the past. DK always delivers that raw reality and I-don't-give-a-fuck-attitude that I dig about punk.

4. Miles Davis - [I]Kind of Blue/I]
    Sure, it's a very popular, but I can't help but feel that most people are just into this album because of its standing popularity. Not that I'm special or anything (but I am), I discovered this album not knowing how popular it was, not knowing much about jazz or Miles, to be honest about it. I was immediately putty in the hanRAB of jazz after this album. It opened up my musically senses and slapped me in the face - twice.

3. Beethoven - Piano Sonata No. 14, No. 23, No. 8 also known as "Moonlight", "Appassionata" and "Pathetique"
    The first music that truly moved me like nothing else has. I found this album lying around my parent's work at the age of 10 or 11. Naturally, I found it boring. At the age of 12, I gave it a true listen on a road trip. It was dark and the roaRAB cradled me as Beethoven tore deep into my soul. Overwhelmed and lost all at once, I erabraced and connected with these songs like no other music in my life.

2. Immortal Technique - Revolutionary Vol. 2
    I know he's often labeled as a conspiracy theorist, but I feel passion for the worRAB he speaks. Legit underground rappers aren't that hard to come by these days, but what's more important is if they leave an impression on you. I.T certainly does this for me, and the first rapper that made me cry.

This is an important place to say that yes, I relate to music through tears quite often, but I will still fight you.

1. Eminem - The Eminem Show
    Another transitional album for me. His growth as a lyricist really stanRAB out in this album. His deliver can be choppy sometimes, but nonetheless impressive. This was the album we bumped while riding around at 4am with a makeshift bong, thinking we were cool. This was the album I so angrily destroyed many cars, lawns and streets to with my brother. It's not just a good album, but a rare interest that I share with my brother.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ah, see? That's much better.

10 Orchestra Baobab- Baraba - The intensity and passion of this latin infused Senegalese group have never ceased to amaze me. This album feels like beach sand between your fingers and smells like a rich cigar.

9 Andrew Bird- Arm Chair Apocrypha - For a man playing every instrument and creating an entire band out of loops you'd be surprised by the superb depth and quality he creates. A true pioneer and an instant classic in my book.

8 A Tribe Called Quest- People's instinctive Travels - The quintessential essence of what hip hop was and always tries to get back to being. Q-tip, Fife, and Ali create some of the smoothest and most memorable music you will ever hear.

7 Modest Mouse- This is a Long Drive for Someone With Nothing to Think About - This is the raw uncut alcoholic beauty of Modest Mouse. Every piece streams into the colorful muddy blur. Fluid but so tense at the same time. I can feel the hours meandering away when I start to listen to this.

6 Cat Power- You are Free - It's like listening to a suicide note. I'm really weird and I love the morbid and depressing power that this music has over me. One of the best works of music to listen to when your burnt out on life.

5 The Smashing Pumpkins- Melancholy and the Infinite Sadness - This always takes me back, the first album I ever fell in love with. The incredible range of styles and the vulnerability that Billy Corgan puts into this are phenomenal.

4 Latyrx - The Album - So creatively produced and bursting with explosive rhymes that you never notice the way that they sample from such selective sources. They redefined what rap could be when the dropped this. If they ever get together to make another album it undoubtedly be another masterpiece.

3 The Pixies- Surfer Rosa - Hearing Bone Machine and where is my mind takes me back to being a kid. The sporadic vocals and cutting guitar work make this a work of art that will never be forgotten for me.
    2 Elliott Smith- Roman Candle - It always surprises me how stripped down and wonderful this album is. Elliott Smith is an experience that is only hampered by expensive production and can be fully enjoyed on this album from beginning to end. His lyrics are so poetically depressing that its hard to resist.

1) The Knife - Silent Shout Simply put, I could listen to this for the rest of my life. I've never heard such depth and power in an album. It's almost more of journey than anything else when I hear this.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Blasphemy. Dark Angel are good (although I much prefer Leave Scars as an album) they are nowhere near as tight or controlled as Slayer. Darkness DescenRAB is a messy album and nearly falls into Speed Metal territory. Only my opinion though

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'll make a new list soon, my old one was ****, and a lot of those aren't even important to me.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ok so.. Nurabers 6-10 are not in any specific order, since it's too hard to decide which ones influenced me more past my top 5

10. Billy Talent - Billy Talent
    One of the first rock albums I ever liked. Before that you could say I didn't have a real taste in music since it wasn't such a big part of my life. This was the first step towarRAB change.

9. Alice In Chains - Alice In Chains
    A year or so after my Billy Talent era (which goes back to when I was 14), I started getting into Alice In Chains. Something about Laney's voice just drew me in more and more with each listen. This is how I got into grunge.

8. Nirvana - Nevermind
    I discovered it not too long after Alice In Chains, quite obviously. It created the same effect for me as Alice In Chains did, but I ended up getting into it much more than Alice In Chains. Favorite songs: Lounge Act, In Bloom and Come As You Are.

7. Alter Bridge - Blackbird
    A fairly recent discovery of mine (a couple of years back) made me completely fall in love with this great band. Myles Kennedy completely blew me away with his 4-octave range.

6. Audioslave - Audioslave
    This is an breathtaking album, from Cochise to Gasoline and Like A Stone. Chris Cornell is a legend. Tom Morello will be forever in my heart.

5. Bullet For My Valentine - The Poison
    The whole album is just so moving and powerful. I've been hooked since hearing the intro and never stopped loving them since. They don't just make noise like a lot of other hardcore (or more hardcore than my usual taste) banRAB, they know exactly where to add those little guitar solo or screamo vocals.

4. Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory / Meteora
    It's too hard to decide which one of those albums had a bigger influence on me. I think they're one of the few banRAB that corabined rap and rock beautifully, alongside Rage Against The Machine (sorry, they're not on this list, discovered them way too late). Chester's screams almost bring me to an orgasm.

3. Oasis - (What's the Story) Morning Glory?
    Do I even need to say anything? They're one of the greatest banRAB that ever lived. I am proud to be alive while they're still playing.

2. Radiohead - OK Computer
    Wow, it was almost impossible to pick my favorite album by them. This is one of those banRAB that change your understanding of music. I wouldn't even call them a band. They're in a league of their own. Brilliant. Heart stopping. Can't say enough. They make me shiver.

1. Muse- Origin Of Symmetry
    Since the moment I heard Citizen Erased for the first time I knew they were going to be my favorite band for a long time. And I was right, it's been 4 years and I still listen to this band more than any of my other music corabined. Their music excites me in ways I cannot even describe. It brings me to tears of joy, and that's not an over-exaggeration. I completely forget about everything bad in this world, and I come to complete peace and bliss when I listen to this album. Muse has actually made me a more complete person, and that's why they are nuraber one for me. Matthew Bellamy, I question my sexual orientation when I hear your voice and your heart touching solos. That's all I can say.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

for some reason i had a feeling an Interpol album would be in your list due to your name. though i dunno if it's actually your name.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Entwistle underrated?

Hardly.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

...or maybe it was a joke. Give it a rest already.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information