Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Welcome Back Golgo!

Episode 4 was sweet, that bodyguard dude was like Golgo in looks and skills so it seems Golgo waited for a advantage before taking him on which paid off, brains and skill are a deadly corabination but when you add that to a man who doesn't flinch at a gun being drawn on him you kinda get something like Golgo, he also gets extra kudos for killing that b!tch at the end Lol

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Welcome Back Golgo!

For sure and there's a few twists in this episode i left out

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Welcome Back Golgo!

^lulz ur funny. I have no issue with the group the translations are fine and im glad they got it out first, but the video quality is awful and I dont really like the sub style either.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Welcome Back Golgo!

I think this was the weakest episode. How the hell did he get out of the air conditioning room?

[SPOILER]the bit where the guy comes up to him and tells him bobby is on the phone is awesome. Superb shot as he takes him and the sniper on the roof out[/SPOILER]

That was cool as hell.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Welcome Back Golgo!

The first episode of this was good, ive never really watched a anime like this before so it will be interesting to see if it can keep my attention, the scene at the end when he took his shot was pretty awesome.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Welcome Back Golgo!

Man i started a new thread without realizing this thread was already here. Anyhow, Im a huge Golgo 13 fan and I wanted to share this with the rest.

I live in Japan and was watching this show on TV I sometimes watch. It is about a group of talento that discuss newly released anime or manga. Two weeks ago they chose the new Golgo 13 anime. Im a big fan of Golgo so I found it really interesting.

Anyhow, allow me to share what I learned and knew about the Manga and new TV Anime.

First the manga:

Golgo 13 is a professional sniper who first appeared in the Manga. He is 182cm and 80kg with dark brown hair and eyes. His blood type is A. He takes the name Golgo 13 from Golgotha the prison he was once held at (also the name of where Christ was crucified), and 13 from his cell nuraber 1214. That being the nuraber between those two, 12 - 14. His weapon of choice is a modified armalite M16 rifle. However, he also uses .38 Smith & Weston Revolver, a .30-.60 Walther Special, a .22 Anchutz Rifle, bow and arrow, knives, and explosives. His maximum sniping range is 2000 meters, and he can draw a knife or gun in .17 seconRAB.

The manga was first written in 1968 and has been published through Shogakukan's Big Comic magazine since 1969. At the time the M16 was first being used for the Vietnam War. Golgo 13 creator Takao Saito didnt realize it was an infantry assault rifle. He thought it was a high powered, long range rifle and decided to use it in his manga. Once he realized his mistake he figured it was too late to change the signature weapon, and simply claimed the M16 had been modified to account for it being used as a sniper rifle.

While his true identity is unkown Golgo 13 often uses the alias Duke Togo when taking jobs, but is generally known as Golgo 13, and has the reputation of being the world's greatest assassin. He always finishes a job regardless of the circumstances. His hobbies are few. He enjoys gunplay, women, alcohol, tobacco and fast cars (in that order). A notorious womanizer, Golgo 13 often engages in sexual activity with women after barely meeting them. His unparalleled masculinity draws them to him, and he seldom neeRAB to engage in small talk to get what he wants. Many women have also commented that Golgo 13 is their best sexual experience. As for alcohol he most often drinks red wine, and his tobacco of choice is premium cigars. Golgo 13 is also interested in language, perhaps as a result of his line of work. He fluently speaks 18 languages including English, German, Spanish, French, Portugues, Arabic, Russian, Chinese, Hebrew, Japanese, Tagolog, Inuit, Hindi and italian. In the manga they introduce several lines from these languages as Golgo 13 travels around the world to carry out missions.

In the early years the emphasis of the manga was on Cold War intrigue. However, the more recent volumes focus on modern affairs. Many times his contractors are with governmental agencies like the CIA. In general Golgo 13 only kills people who are of unsavory character, or who compromise his mission, and he has been known to refuse missions. He also requires payment up front. Some of his contractors have tried to doube cross him and always end up dead. In the manga's run he has killed thousanRAB, and only twice has he missed a shot. The manga's Japanese subtitle is in English. It says: Perfect Machine of Snipe. A fitting description for Golgo 13.

Because the manga has been written for 40 years by the original creator the quality has dramatically declined over time. However, it still remains popular and is one of the longest running adult manga in Japan. It is serialized in roughly 250 page tomes that now nuraber in the 80s. Glogo 13 is an iconic figure in Japan, and is known by all much like James Bond is in the Western World.

Now the Anime:

The rights for an animated series were finally acquired by The Answer Studio for a 50 episode run. The first episode aired on TV Tokyo on April 11, 2008. Due to its sexual content and graphic violence the show is shown only after midnight. The opening theme is 'Take the Wave' by Naifu, and the closing theme is '?????????' (gurasu no haiwei) by doa. Golgo 13 is voiced by Hiroshi Tachi.

The Anime is not as explicit as the Manga. Also Golgo 13 is portrayed as more human in his animated form, in the sense that he is more just and conciouss of those around him. Moreover, the anime begins in modern times, though the general episode style is the same.

It has taken 40 years but it is finally here. For those who are not offended by sex, violence and intrigue, I highly recommend this Anime. If it turns out to be anything like the ongoing Manga I imagine it will be very episodic with not much of a story. But it is still enjoyable because of the challenges Golgo 13 faces, and in a way humorous due to the outrageous situations and circumstances he gets wrapped up in.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Welcome Back Golgo!

At last some episodes have been subbed

Episode 11
    [SPOILER]Golgo was given a mission to kill someone at a airport while another hitman was given a mission to kill Golgo at the airport, basically Golgo did what seemed impossible from the other hitman's point of few managing to kill his target from a difficult angle and the hitman as well, they he walked off into the distance as only he can[/SPOILER]

Just about to watch 12 now.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Welcome Back Golgo!

BSS released subs but not only is their video quality worse, the translation is pretty damn bad.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Welcome Back Golgo!

I don't know whether I should be laughing how absurd this episode was or how awesome it was. In a matter of hours, that gunsmith managed to convert a rifle in .308 Winchester to probably a .300 Lapua Magnum and without even testing it Golgo made a 2 km shot. Mind you that the .338 Lapua Magnum, the parent cartidge, has a maximum range of 1500 m so the use of a .308 caliber bullet in the same case would have barely made the 2 km range.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Welcome Back Golgo!

Man those last two episodes were awesome.

Episode 5.

I wasn't expecting Golgo to complete the mission the way he did.
    [spoiler]At first I thought he shot the target but he didn't he shot the enemy sniper just in the way that he killed his own contractor the second he shots. It was sad to see the guy that was introduced in the industry try to kill his mentor for his position of power when, he was going to get that position anyway when his mentor retired.[/spoiler]

Episode 6.

I was thinking Queen Bee all over again after I saw the presidential campaign but not in a bad repetitive way.
    [spoiler]The way Golgo got away from the police was great! I specially liked the way he distracted the cops when they were following him in the first half. He lets himself get taken away with one of the greatest excuses ever, beating a cop and gets away with it along with murder![/spoiler]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information