Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Toon Zone Talkback - "Transformers: Animated": More Than Meets The Expectations

Well yeah, it's not heavily based on continuity, but the episodes do seem to have at least a little subtle continuity. Megatron is slowly coming back to power, and there's a ton of Autobots and Decepticons that we haven't seen yet, or have only seen once.

That's definitely true, but I don't see at this point anything "intriguing" being built up. But it's only been four episodes so far, and there's definitely more to come.

I'm probably just biased since I really liked Cybertron.

I think that after seeing Galaxy Convoy, with guns on top of guns on top of guns, it's a bit harder to adjust to Optimus Prime, the Academy flunkee turned repairman.

I do think that the shows were do for a new approach after the Unicron trilogy and its last leg (Gonzo pretty much going to hell with the prior continuity and Hasbro having to pick up the pieces) took the Transformers as super robot approach to a proper series after what can arguably be viewed as two blundered attempts. Is the "Autobots as losers turned superheros on Earth" going to be as epic as Galaxy Force? Maybe, maybe not. It will be a fresh approach, and when working with a long-standing brand that's seen everything from character deaths to Munkys to parody to utter perversion, change is not a bad thing.

That said, Animated OP is not my idea of a good leading character.

Well, I watched the first episode despite not being all that impressed with the movie. I was kind of curious to see what would happen when the old scientist revealed that all of his robotic breakthroughs were actually stolen from alien (Decepticon) technology. Besides, I was waiting for the game to come on.

Okay, so I didn't get any big reveal with the scientist but I did like the opening with them fighting "Robin Hood". The idea of the Autobots as more traditional superheroes had not occurred to me despite them being called "superhero" in the movie. In the movie, it was all just them fighting the Decepticons. Of course, once the episode started moving back to the whole Autobots vs. Decepticons plot, I started to lose interest again.

As for Sari, I just don't know. I mean, the character is okay but the magic key needs to go. She already used it three times in the movie which was way too much. And now she can do anything with it? Kind of takes a lot of the suspense out of the show if she can do that.

Anyways, I was sure I wasn't go to watch again after seeing the movie but maybe I will check it out again next week before the game starts. I've moved to an "on-the-fence" viewership, I guess.

I liked it but I'm not sure what this show wants to be. On one hand the designs look like they're targeting the "5 and under" demographic, but the humor and action seemed more appropriate for older kids. Even the use of weapons seemed to be odd. The Autobots don't carry traditional guns but they had no problems showing humans using what appeared to be machine guns.

Anyway, I would rate the show slightly above average and that's due largely to the character designs.

I did not watch the movie, but I did watch the first episode. It was better than the last three Transformer series. If they insist on having a kid sidekick at least Sari is tolerable. The other three shows were so kiddie that I could not watch it. Also the 3-d models left a lot to be desired animation wise.

I did find Bumblebee annoying, but they did make up for it with having a menacing Megatron.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information