Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Toon Zone Talkback - "Transformers: Animated": More Than Meets The Expectations

This is the talkback thread for "Transformers: Animated": More Than Meets The Expectations.

I never really watched "Transformers" back in the day, but Jon T's review of the new series has me intrigued.

Excellent...I'll be watching this with open eyes.

As someone who kept an open mind for this new series never once bad mouthing it based on the character designs I am very happy to read this review.

My sister would love this. When does this start again, so I can tape it while she's away? Better start digging through tapes that I don't need anymore (I'm looking at you, Pok'emon!).

Premiere

Boxing Day 26 December

Real Start

Canada: 1 Januari

USA: 5 Januari

That's what I've read.....:shrug:

After reading the review, it sounds like I could get behind this series. I just saw the promo on CN and I definately need to see the episodes in full in order to "get over" the odd animation style. It worked for Teen Titans, but for Transformers...let's just say while I was accepting of Beast Machines, the weird animation took some getting used to.

I've corrected the spelling of January for you, but you might also want to note that the premiere for the US will be episode 4 on January 5. They're airing the first three episodes on December 26 in a movie format and encoring them on December 29. Canada won't start with the movie format but will start with a three-part episode so it is really December 26 for the US and January 1 for Canada.

It'll be quite nice to see veteran US VAs voice Transformers than the outsourced stuff that went to Canada, or in some cases US dubbing studios.

Granted they did good jobs, but I was hoping to one day see names like Corey Burton, Tom Kenny, Jeff Bennett, and so forth to voice a Transformers series once again.

Real Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I've never really understood the popularity of Transformers. I've tried watching previous series before but just couldn't get into it. I skipped the live-action movie, mainly due to time constraints, but will probably watch it when I inevitably get the DVD as a gift for Christmas from someone that knows that I "like cartoons".

Anyways, despite all of that baggage, I'm going to try watching this series, starting with the movie on Cartoon Network. I can't really tell much from the adverts about the action but I like the art style. I'm going to skip reading this thread's article until after I see the movie so as to avoid spoilers.

Maybe I will be a brand-new Transformers fan by 2008.

You should watch Beast Wars. All the other series really aren't that good. This is the first time it looks like TF will be close to the quality of BW.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information