Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

What is more important?

I picked piece of fabric just to spite everyone that didnt.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

What is more important?

You've just said that an object that represents something is more important than the actual things it represents.

Are you sticking with that belief?

-Wez

What is more important?

Alright guys, VOR has been sufficently humilated. He's likely never going to come back to this thread.

Still, more evidence that he knows little and flip flops as much as his idol: john kerry.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

What is more important?

There was a great quote in a letter to the editor in today's Mpls Star Tribune - - "The symbols of government should never be more important than the principles for which they stand. "

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

What is more important?

So you're saying that 9/11 and Afghanistan was the reason for Iraq? Last I checked it was because of humanitarian issues although I don't remember any mention of that back when it was because of WMD's. It's funny how quick you are to bring up 9/11. These terrorist attacks were way more deadly than Saddam ever was or would have been to us although we have caught Saddam, where Bin Ladden is is anyone's guess.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

What is more important?

Hopefully dead.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

What is more important?

I think this is the crux of the problem. VoR sees america as one body, the people, society, culture and politics together. Any attack on the US is an attack on all parts of american society

I think that if he realised that others see these parts as seperate and that flag burnings are aimed at the actions of the government, rather than at him, or the military or the average american, there would not be a problem. I for my own part have little time for Bush and his hawkish frienRAB, but never met an american I did not like, indeed intend to travel to the US,

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

What is more important?

I love you how liberals trivulize the American flag by calling it just a piece of cloth...What you fail to understand is although it is a piece of cloth the important thing is what it represents, not what it is physically made of............

What is more important?

Since your not from this country so your not familiar with our political process I will give you a little lesson on how it works.......Now try and concentrate like a laser beam......

.When we are not satisfied with the government we vote the rascals out.......We don't burn our flags..........Not only did President Bush win re election by over 3,000,000 votes but he increased his margin of victory in every state taht he carried and increased representatives in the house and in the senate which has not been done since 1952.........

When a vote was taken in the senate to give the President the authority to go to war it was carried by a 98-0 vote which even someone as bias as you have to admit that is pretty conclusive..........When it was voted on in the HOR it was 420-1 which is also pretty conclusive.........

That is they way we do it here...........You know it works pretty well too......We have our differences but we are not killing each other like the Catholics an Protesants do in Northern Ireland....

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

What is more important?

You ignore history, there have been liberal presidents and conservative presidents and we now have a pseudo conservative president. Democrats were in control for forty years and now the Republicans hold the majority. The tide turns and returns and the body politic morphs into new entities with old labels.
    Dono

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information