Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    HDTV101

Going back to BEV

Don

Ex Agent EV

Going back to BEV

The problem in that case HDTV is that the offer was made by Bell, not Express Vu. If he calls at Express Vu because things are not what thy were supposed to we wn't be able to help out because we don't have the info on what was really offered. We would have to tranfer him to Bell

SensualPoet

Going back to BEV

I'm not saying Bell is such a bad organisation -- just that if the deal sounds too good to be true, get it in writing. Some sales folk are probably over-eager; and some customers over-eager hearing things that weren't actually said -- like thinking the entry-level price applied to everything discussed in a conversation.

I was, however, challenging the notion that a seasoned, legitimate CSR might believe another part of the organisation was, INDEED, offering such an absurd offer that patently is way beyond making any business sense. Where's the sense of perspective?!?

Ex Agent EV

Going back to BEV

If you look at my post you will see that I also had serious doubts about it myself. From the day I put on the comment that I had doubts about that offer I talked to many clients and had one in particular that had a really great deal and I started to think that part of the story could be true

I could also very well be just somebody that wanted to start a big fight about how Bell are liars and don't give what they promised...

I personnally think it is very strange that the offer came in...3 years after he disconnected!!!

panson

Going back to BEV

OK So I am NOT going back to Bell.

I was with a friend of mine this weekend who is originally from Monterrey Mexico I happened to mention this deal etc and we started talking about internet speeds etc. they mentioned how they miss the 100Mbs internet speed that is available there and how Bell cannot deliver > 5Mbs in most locations they service since the lines are not capable of the speed.. So this got me thinking and I called Bell to ask (as they offered me 7Mbs).

So Bell says they DO NOT have an unlimited package at the price I was quoted and mentioned my cap was at 60GB's per month.. I can burn through that in a day and the $100 credit I was promised and the $5 per month reduction was not in the sympatico account so I cancelled the internet installation..

This made me concerned so I transferred to the phone department.. All was good here as promised, but because my house is NOT set up for Bell I would need to pay $99 per jack installed (I only have 1 phone jack and its in the wrong place)... So I cancelled the phone..

Again I transferred to the next division ExpressVu... The $54 package is valid but the credits are not applied in my account, and them giving me two 9220's is not accurate either.. in the system it is marked as 1 only.. and 5 theme packs vs the 6 I was promised... So I cancelled..

Trying to "win back" customers by lying or by using bait and switch I believe is wrong and bordering on illegal, if not actually illegal.

Maybe in another couple of years I'll think about it again but for now I'll stick with the other pirate I deal with (Rogers) and plan out my switch to an OTA, FTA combo setup.

I'm just thankfull I made the second call to double check

After cancelling all the services Bell (Sympatico) called back about an hour later and offered unlimited internet again at this price I said no because they lied the first time, then 2 hours later Expressvu called to verify my installation and was going to bring the two 9220's.. I said no... They knew they did wrong and this although not in words is an admission on guilt but in my mind it was too late already.

Ex Agent EV

Going back to BEV

Panson you probably got an offer from the multi product solution center...they are the one applying promos to client that wants to leave or that Bell is trying to win back. When that departement calls you each departement can not know what they offered you...and if you mentionned that the deal included many products agents shuld have transferred you there!

The agent at Express Vu certainly coudn't apply the promo you were promised, but that center could. Call back and ask that departement, they will confirm the offer

panson

Going back to BEV

Agent Express V,

Funny I was just reading a bunch of posts in a thread started by mpeg4... and saw your ID a bunch of times...

Your suggestion of calling multi product solution center might be a good one, it should have even been suggested to me yesterday while I was on the phone being transferred around, I did mention to everyone that it was a win back call / offer even gave the time and date. In fact the last person I spoke with suggested that the win back agent was wrong in what they did and they would escalate it internally as Bell would never offer or do things like that..

As I mentioned it is too late for me and hopefully through my experience the people that I know and the people that read these posts will think twice before considering Bell services or at the very least go in with both eyes wide open so the same does not happen to them.

Rule #1, tell the truth, even if it is bad news it is far better than being lied.

Something else funny.. the win back agent mentioned I was the nicest phone call he made during his 3 or 4 weeks on this job, said he was going to mention it to his manager... I joked about getting involved in Bells IPTV beta etc... (said he can't do anything around IPTV).. Amazing going from best call to no customer in the span of a few days...

Cheers all...

ARR

Going back to BEV

Truly a disappointment, what a smoking deal.
    I guess from reading all the threads and the numerous attempts by 'staffers' to remedy the situation in the face of contradictory information, what I read here is that the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing and one of those hands has been in some stinky places!
    Even if it were a valid offer assuming the correct department could be contacted, all the hassle just trying to verify things should have been a warning sign that today is NOT a good day to die, er get ExpressVu.

And what 's with mother Bell doing to mess around with teenage daughter Beverly anyways? Road shows with BELL branding, Win back offers coming from BELL, sounds to me like the parents are trying to distance themselves from the kids that have tarnished to good family name.

Could also be a sign of either preparation for a sale or new owners are already in the wings.

Maybe the industry experts that said 18 months for Bev gave her too long, duuno, all I do know is if you stand back and see the back and forth goings on here in a public forum, it doesn't shed an inspiring light on doing any business with any of the Bell companies until they get their $hit together.

Ex Agent EV

Going back to BEV

Multi Product Center Solution does have a really good winback offer, but only they have access to those deals.

Each and every agent you spoke to informed you about the current promotions available at the time, that are totally different frm what an agent offering a winback offer.

In an ideal world when an account like that is re-opened what should happen is it would generate a big red tag saying if client calls for promotionnal issues or promo not applied call the Multi Product Center Soltution at... That tag should be on ALL the different account (Phone, Internet, Sat and Cell).

Unfortunatly if they called you and the account was not re-opened yet the aent has no way of knowing who you were called by, snce that departement doesn't leave notes on the Express Vu account. They i'm sure have an internal notes system, but it is totally different from ours

Of course if you went throught various thread you saw my name may times, if you look next to my name I posted over a thousand replies

panson

Going back to BEV

My accounts were already reopened and they told me what I was getting by what had been entered in the system by the winback agent, thats how I knew it was incorrect.
    Example I was told I would get 2 9220's and 6 theme packs. In the work order it was 1 9220 and 5 theme packs...
    Does'nt matter which system was used or which rep entered it etc. The technician was not coming with the right stuff...

I was lied to

nuff said

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information