Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    scrooloose

What would you like BEV to do in 2008?

Since there is a similar thread for Rogers, I thought I'd start one specifically for Bell Expressvu. I'd like to see the following happen in 2008 (in no particular order of importance):

• Successfully launch Nimiq 4
    • Replace the 6000 model HD receivers, and switch to 8PSK
    • Begin the transition to MPEG4
    • Launch the 6141 model HD receiver
    • Activate the software that allows the attachment of an external (USB) hard disk for archiving video. (9200/9242)
    • Add the three missing HD channels (NG HD, Showcase HD and MMoreHD)
    • Add any new HD channels that show up. 2007 was a slow year for new HD, hopefully 2008 will be better.

What else?

-Mike

americandreams

add more tv channels, and i do know it is a long shot, but i am hoping to have some on demand channel. but ...

americandreams

bev fan

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My three wishes:
    - secure the signal
    - more HD channels
    - cancel theme packs and let customers decide what channels they want

I agree with cancelling theme packs and let customers decide what channels they want. or they should do like dishnetwork programming brochure, i saw it on their website. very better.

And also, they should have a better website.

Ex Agent EV

Give a 5-10 minutes period for each agent when they come in to go look at Multi Vu and make sure they inform themselves on the latest promotion

Let Agents tae the time to actually solve the client's problem... Also when an agent runs into a complicated client's case (lots of calls in the lats few months, lots of issues unresolved) give him the possibility to do a personnal follow up. Provide each agent with a direct line in those case to make sure the client could get that same agent. This will provide a much better customer servic experience

Make a closer follow up when agent is listened and get a bad score...don't be affraid to fire those who get bad scores!!! If they screwed up 3-4 times they most probably did on the other 40 they took that day

Educate the agent on all the promotions that are available...often agent don't get trained on the bell.ca promotions and when clients call they have no clue what they are talking about

Stop being greedy and start being customer friendly! If client finally paid, after 105 days is 26$/month bill that probably means he can not afford a 34$ one. What's the use to offer him another theme pack then? When a client calls and has 0% reception he's already frustrated...what's the use to offer him another theme pack for when, eventually the signal will be back, which will only upset him more?

When a move order is made throught OM system, who ask how many receiver are to be installed why not provide the information to the tech who is to do the install?

For any service call system should ask the name of the street that crosses the client's street to make it easier for the tech

Client should always be informed of the cost of the install for all extra receivers when booking a move order

Client should be advised of extra mileage charge when they live in remove or rural area whe schedulling a tech

Agents should have the information on which sub contracted compagny is going to the client's house, along with his cell number to be able to contact him if client calls to know what's going on

Agents should be able to help client's setting their "on line account" on the Bell site as well as retrivin their password when they lost it

The compagny should provide tool that actually work to the agents... 75% of the wait time i genrated by application that "freezes" when the agent tries to enter an order

Techs should get compensated when they get to the client's house and no one answers, client changed is mind or it is impossible to install the service

Close the India call center and hire the same amount of tech agents in Canada. More expensive, but less call back since client will actually be able to understand the agent!

When a client makes a change in the middle of his billing cycle make aure that agent always explain there will be pro-rata charges anhd explains how it would reflect on the next bill

When a client makes a dowgrade always explain that since it will only be removed on the firs day of the next billing cycle in the mid time a bill will be issued where he would see the charges of the current package and when it will in fact nbe remove a credit for that item will automatically be issue. This could save lots of call backs

Provide the clients with tools that actually works. Agents advise me that I should order my PPV throught internet or Emily PPV number if receiver is not hooked to a telephone line. Problem is internet doesn't reconise y account whe entering my telephone number and PIN and neither does Emily. Emily then ask me to enter mt smartcard number going throught menu 6-1-3, but by the time I get of the menus and try to retrive the event in the guide, she already hung up on me saying:"I'm sorry you are experiencing difficulties, please try again, goodbye". How frustrating!

ARR

A rough summary of the wishes so far...
    Is the grass any greener on the other side of the fence?

1. N4, not needed as F1 and F2 are operating nominally
    2. QPSK, DSR505/530 are already happily running 8PSK
    3. MPEG4, DSR505/530 are MPEG4 user upgradeable, no trade ups required
    4. 6141, see point # 2.
    5. Hard Drives, DSR530 are now successfully running up to 750GB user installed and USB quite possible, see my article HERE
    6. NG HD, Showcase HD...*C subs have been enjoying these for some time now
    7. Add new HD, Bev has little to no space, *C has lots of additional slots
    8. More TP's, 8PSK not viable with crippled birds, 8PSK B/W already available on *C
    9. USB, see point # 5
    10. DPP, *C has long enjoyed STACKED technology and it's supported
    11. Secure Signal, NO DCII signal publicly compromised yet
    12. Channel choice, Package changes ANY time of month and Pick & Pay

These are all GREAT things to wish for, but what are you waiting for when they already exist over the fence.

Sounds like you guys are stuck with *C envy.

Happy New Year!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Definitely need more HD channels. National Geographic HD is a glaring omission from there HD mix. as well as Showcase HD. Hope to see all the providers push the crtc to approve more HD in Canada in 2008. eg CNN HD , FOOD HD, SPEED HD among others. As a movie buff I need TCM and AMC added right away.

peano

They need to add transponders before doing anything else (or 8PSK). The over compression is becoming intolerable

scrooloose

Well, I had Starchoice for 5 years and I don't miss them a bit. Despite it being 2 years since I left, they're still spewing more promises than action. I'd consider going back if they dropped that entire DSR-5xx series of receivers and replaced it with something modern, that works, and when they have the same amount of HD as BEV. Until then, no thanks.

-Mike

i hate tv

Uggghhhhh
    Well, I want more HD channels, WITHOUT sacrificing the quality of the channels we already have (Yea, I know I'm asking for alot, like when wished on a shooting star to be rich and good looking...)
    USB activation on HDPVR's is something that is realistic, and come on Bell, why isn't it activated yet....
    A secure signal (I can dream....)
    Are you getting this Frank and Gordon!!!???

scrooloose

I forgot one:

• Switch over to Dish Pro Plus equipment. Make it easier for people to install the dual tuner PVR. I think the difficulty adding a second line is what's keeping many from upgrading.

-Mike

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information