Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Modern cartoons that DON'T use bathroom humor?

I don't recall The Spectacular Spider-Man using potty humor (or much of it) and it doesn't seem to hamper the shows success.

I'd say the use of it is similar to adult toons being reliant on adult content. Lack of faith in the creative writing.

Plus, considering that A Pup Named Scooby Doo and Tom & Jerry continue airing even without potty humor, it should be an indicator that it's not necessary.

I guess I'm the only one who enjoys a little now and then...
    :P
    It does get really tired if it's the only kind of humor on a show, though,
    but I think some is ok, as long as the joke itself hasn't been done to death.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yeah the Simpsons was good when it started without blatant sex and fart jokes and South Park was edgy and smart. Then Family Guy and most of Adult Swim's fare eventually decided tasteless and annoying was all it takes to be funny.

I find a subtly Joy that "Adult Content" is in all actuallity Just as immature & Crude as Child/Tween Toilet Humor for the most part. I would love to see more shows with TV-MA ratings because they actually Deserve them for more reasons then Toilet Humor...Like Claymore (or to a smaller extent Black Lagoon, yes its lewd at times, but it actually has enough other types of content to Desrve its MA rating. where as many other Toons & a few anime do not! ) Why can't there be a TV IMA (TV Immature!)

But i guess im rambling..sorry!

Back on Topic. Most E/I cartoons Don't use Crud Humor. Nor do most toons aimed at small children.

The reason toilet humor seems unavoidable is that it is possibly the most universal subject matter. Everyone poops, pees, and farts, yet we all pretend we don't want to talk about it.

Things we relate to * not wanting to talk about it = funny! generally speaking.

It is, though. Most fart jokes I've seen in kid cartoons have been completely unimaginative.

I'd be willing to overlook some of it if it wasn't in pretty much every children's cartoon these days. It's definitely gotten worse over the past decade.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

King of the Hill. Plus the 1999 revival of Woody Woodpecker didn't resort to bathroom humor in any of the episodes I've seen.

Aside from SpongeBob cutting the cheese in Karate Choppers, the poop/proof thing in Krab Borg, the amount of diapers in Rock-a-bye Bivalve, and People Order Our Patties (P.O.O.P.) from the Training Video, I can't remember SpongeBob ever heavily relying on any scatological humor. 4 out of a 100 ain't bad.

Perhaps, but it goes back to what I've said before. What's good or bad is subject to opinion, but too much of any one thing is almost alway a bad thing.

What? The whole episode in which Cotton burned the church down had a poo joke as the premise!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information