Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Modern cartoons that DON'T use bathroom humor?

Can anyone name any current cartoons which do not (or at least very rarely) resort to bathroom humor/fart jokes?

I find it kind of depressing that practically every cartoon I've seen today (and this includes the ones I like) uses this sort of low brow humor. I've never been fond of this stuff, even when I was a kid. Not only is it juvenile but I also consider it lazy writing to get a cheap laugh (and it doesn't always succeed there, either).

Even the Disney Channel is now including it in their recent animated fare which makes me sad.

So, to anyone who has seen enough episodes of certain shows, can you tell me which ones have a noticeable lack (or none whatsoever) of fart jokes?

Kid vs Kat for the most part I think doesn't resort to fart jokes.

But it's hard to find any cartoons without fart jokes so eh.

I don't think I have seen very much bathroom humor on Phineas and Ferb, but then again I haven't seen every episode there is.

If this is a reference to cartoons in general, I haven't seen any bathroom humor in action cartoons such as Batman: The Brave and the Bold and The Secret Saturdays. The preschool-oriented shows like Wow! Wow! Wubbzy certainly don't use it, but I think it is almost impossible for me to watch a season's worth of a Y7-rated comedic show without seeing characters using such bathroom jokes nowadays.

Bathroom humor is a necessity for any series trying to appeal to any pre-teen or even teenager.

Pretty sad, as far as I'm concerned. Anyone who still thinks that bathroom humor is funny obviously never uses the bathroom. That's stuff not funny. Just disgusting.

As for shows currently airing, I'd be hard pressed to think of any.

By current, do you mean recent?

I don't think Avatar uses bathroom humor... And a lot of anime doesn't either...

Are we confined to TV shows here? Most of this year's big-screen animated features have eschewed fart 'n' poop jokes, like Coraline, Up, Ponyo and 9. Kung Fu Panda was also notable for having not so much as a belch joke.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Actually, Avatar had two if I remember. The "Winter Solstice" episode where Sokka complains there's no bathrooms in the spirit world and a follow up later in Season - I'm gonna say - Three episode where Aang is implied to have gone to the bathroom in said Spirit world.

But they're brief, obscure, and far apart from one another that it doesn't blatantly take over the series.

Yeah^ I knew I was missing something. It's great that it doesn't take over the series...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information