Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    Lindsay649

Troubles with Global HD?

Has anyone else had problems with the Global HD channel on Evu the past few days. A lot of breakups and weird coloured pixelization. All other HD channels appear to be normal. Wonder if this has anything to do with their HD OTA in Toronto? Since no one else has complained we must be the only viewers.

windsordude51

Troubles with Global HD?

I've noticed the same thing with Global HD. At first I thought it was the receiver, but then quickly realized that it was only affecting that channel. It was getting pretty annoying at times!

scrooloose

Troubles with Global HD?

I noticed this last night while watching a little bit of some animated movie (forget the name). Very small parts of the picture would break up almost like signal loss, but not quite the same. Weird. I haven't watched much else on Global lately so that's all I've noticed.

-Mike

trafficinfo

Troubles with Global HD?

I honestly do not think it has to do with their OTA. they were already sending a 720p feed to BEV before OTA launch which is by the way 1080i. I wonder if the simsubed US Network also has had the same problem. I would recommend you to also contact Global and BEV and ask them. Last weekend I set up an indoor ear-rabbit (VHF only) antenna for a friend and his family at their new aptm in Toronto and they watch mostly Global HD and CityTV HD OTA and just this morning they told me how impressed they are with the picture quality in their first week enjoying free OTA HD television.

It could be BEV - Global link equipment as well, not only their respective broadcast equipment. I beleive I recorded Numbers on CBS HD (simsubed last nite by Global) I will have to check that later.

trafficinfo

Troubles with Global HD?

It was Madagascar, very funny by the way. There are only 2 things that the Americans do better that anyone else and 1 of them is the Movies.

nicohockey9

Troubles with Global HD?

Noticed the same... then I just flipped to the Fox HD channel and it was fine

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information