Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    *Queen* *Bee* *happy*

Gastronomy: European women cook,American women open a can?

Is it true?
    This is a quote i read,but i would like to hear
    your opinion please,so i can include it in my
    speech during a conference next week.
    Thank you.
    Good opinion,TheOne.Thanks.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Lots of American women cook from scratch on a regular basis, myself included. The food tastes better, is less expensive and I actually enjoy creating dishes to serve my family.

With that said, I will admit that I have opened cans many a day when I'm rushed or tired, or just plain lazy. You can do many things with canned food that is still creative and delicious.

Hope this answers your question.

i guess so seen as all of them eat Mc Donald's everyday 7 times a week. lool only kidding.
    i think this is offencive to some, im sure there are loads of yanks that can cook! my food tech teacher was a yank and hell was she good at cooking! the same that many europeans cant cook! lol im a British Turk and i cant cook to save my life.

and no dont include it at your conferance, many will find it offensive

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh, honey----where do you get this stuff? Of course your quotation is false. American women and men cook all the time.

Plus we have full grocery shelves and the best ingredients from around the country and globe all year long. Are you going to tell us that Europeans don't have canned goods? Guess what---I have been to Europe and have seen canned food in the markets. Hmmmm....... What do you suppose that means?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Excuse me ? I believe this is a prejudicial remark.

I am a great cook and I love to cook. I learned to cook from my Mom, who learned to cook from her Mom, who learned to cook from her Mom, and on and on and on.

I have published cook books (you know, the kind they do for family reunions and office functions) and I am always researching and passing on hints / recipes to friends and internet connections.

I love to experiment with different spices, meats, and fruits and vegetables to make something unique for my family that is nutritious. I love to use fresh foods and rarely, if ever, used canned goods to prepare dinner for my family.

I love knowing I am making my family a good meal and that we are saving money by not eating out.

In addition, I work full time and I go to university.

I am American.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information