Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I wish I could kick Mother Nature in the crotch.

I hate being sick. Honestly, everyone does. But I don't often get sick in the traditional sense. I could bathe in the snot of a tuberculosis patient and emerge unscathed, but the second the weather decides to spontaneously change, I'm fucked.

Let me explain:
    I live near San Francisco, where the weather is always screwy anyway. We get the best and worst of every season. The problem is, summer and fall seem to be rapidly switching places around here. Last monday, we had overcast skies and some good breezes. I actually thought it was gonna rain. The very next day, we hit 93 degrees late afternoon. I woke up that morning feeling like there was a billiard ball in my left lung. I hacked up a half-dollar sized hunk of brownish lung butter in the shower, too.

So here I am, brain the size of a planet, coughing like a bastard, eating a chicken pot pie, and hoping to God I can finish posting this before the Nyquil kicks in.

Fuck weather.
    /rant

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I've got pretty brutal allergies, so I feel you there. Most of the time when I wake up it feels like I've got my throat lined with an overabundance of Vaseline.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yeah, not to mention when you go to school about 15 people you know are infested with the latest cold. Of course it has to make its way through the whole school. You can't really protect your self, you'll get it eventually. What can you do, but stay home and stew in your own juices...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm with you, BW. I'm never sick, but the weather kills me. Although for me its when it goes from sun to rain in an hour that the pressure drop just gives me a migraine the size of Texas.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

That fucking sucks. I'm sorry. I wish I could be there to help you but I can't, because I don't know where you're at. *duh*
    I hacked up a lung for a few days and now it's a hell of a lot better, but I'm still coughing like a mad woman sometimes. It's nuts.
    But yeah, you were bound to get it some time.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

yea i live up in Ny and its beein raining for almost 2 days now

i woke up thursday mornin with my lungs so tight they hurt, so i got to the doctor to find out that i got walkin penoma (cant spell it) but yea fuck weather

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I hate being sick as well. I've had sinus problems since I was ten, and any headache I get turns into migraines...

It really sucks. Plus it doesn't help that I live in Missisippi. Humid 90+ degree weather in summer, and winters that are more confusing than santa in leather chaps.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yeah, I hate mother nature too. Every year my Strept (however you spell it) Throat kicks in, every year when winter starts. Ever year when winter starts I do nothing but use half a tissue box a day, each Kleenex full of yellow and clear shit, not to mention alot of it i cough up and have to spit into the sink.

Most people tell me, that must be heaven to stay home for a week every year, but it's not, IT"S HELL! With that said, I definately feel you man, I hate mother nature, it's the only thing that makes me really sick.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I get sick around the same time every year, which is in about a month. Coughs, head aches, dry, scratchy throat, and worst of all, a runny nose.

The weather doesn't actually make you sick; the coldness just weakens your immune system. That's why the flu spreads like a wildfire in the winter. As soon as one person in your class has it, everyone has it. Exept the exceptionally healthy kids, with their strong immune systems, and their fancy zipped up jackets... Bastards.

It snowed yesterday... But that's Canada for ya.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I feel sorry for you guys... I live in Hawaii, and I really can't complain about anything about the heat there is sometimes. :happysad:

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information