Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

"Day of Silence"

I haven't posted in a while, but whatever, here I am.

I don't quite know the magnitude of this event, but at my school yesterday, the Gay Straight Alliance held a day of silence for the homosexual, bisexual, and transgender community. Let's get this out of the way right here: I believe the aforementioned groups are people, and deserve every right everyone else does; however, I completely oppose the Gay Straight Alliance. I don't quite believe a high school should have a group about sexual orientation. Anyway, the day of silence was to symbolize the silence that homosexuals feel they have to have about their sexuality. They feel that everyone will oppress them. Now, whether or not that is true, I have a question, since when has SILENCE ever brought about change? Peaceful protests may be peaceful but they are loud and attention-grabbing. "Oh, shit, a few kids from Illinois aren't talking today, we better start treating gays with compassion," AMIRITE? I asked numerous kids who were unrelated to the day of silence if their silence bothered them. I don't recall getting a single yes.

No, you know what really started to piss me off? These kids decided that they'd still communicate. No, fuck you, you said you weren't going to talk, don't write shit down or mouth words. That's fucking cheating. What is the point of losing your voice for a day if you're still going to convey thought through another medium? What, because homosexuals can't come out through writing it down? Of course they can. It's not traditional, but they sure can. Ridiculous. I actually went on this specific rant to my friend, who promptly wrote down on a dry erase board "Tucker is gay, and we don't need his support." Oh wow, that's ironic. Haha, you know what was worse? The silence went from 7:30 to 5:00. I guess homosexuals are only gay till 5:00. Hah.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

"Day of Silence"

While skimming the second paragraph of your post I was compiling a response to the first paragraph. By the time I reached the end of the second paragraph I had come to the conclusion that you did not possess the intelligence to comprehend what I was going to say.

Good luck in life. You strike me as an idiot.

brittanysagex0

"Day of Silence"

You haven't been on the site for long enough for it to be considdered a while

Lol, 53V3N.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

"Day of Silence"

Lol, my favorite part was when you didn't offer an intelligent response, and just battered me with an immature, yet eloquently put insult.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

"Day of Silence"

I thought high schools were supposed to be for learning? Maybe they should concentrate on that.

Save the protests, sit-ins, etc. for college.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

"Day of Silence"

Exactly what I was thinking.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

"Day of Silence"

Dude, shut up. If your post was bad enough for him to make an immature insult, you should try and finish school some time...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

"Day of Silence"

Transgender.

For the love of science.

The more people turn away from nature and mutate themselves, the sadder I am.

There should be lots of days of silence, lamenting mankind's scientific endeavors.

Gay dudes are cool though.

And the world needs way more lesbians.

You know, women (regardless of sexual orientation) have been WAY more oppressed than gays could EVER hope, even continuiung today. In fact, millions of women each year are kidnapped and sold into slavery. In Africa, more women have been raped than not.

We would have a day of silence, but we know thats what the men want. So instead, I propose a day of kicking men in the balls.

Especially men dressing like women.

Oh, and really, until gays experience something on the level of Jews or Women , I don't see thier continuous complaint.

Is life in America REALLY that bad? I mean, seriously.

Hey, you know what? The gays in Iran have days of silence every day. So do the women.

Which brings me back to why women all over the world should just drop kick a man in the balls once a year.

And please, don't take the above too seriously. If you do, I'll kick you in the balls.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

"Day of Silence"

Please don't kick me in the balls, I might need them...

Sadly, DG, you're totally right, except that I think this should be brought to broader perspective. I still think that no person at all, with no exceptions, should be kicked, burned, shot or anything similar because of race, sexual preference, political stance, religion, etc. I think a lot of people should get their eyes opened or their nuts kicked...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

"Day of Silence"

Please, tell us why he's an idiot for stating that the day of silence should be silent, and not communicating through any means is the reason of silence.

Could you please tell us how the day of silence works, then?

Lets back up the illogical thinking because we all love Seven. If the post didn't make sense, maybe I would make fun of the OP. But because all of it was true, I don't see why you're kissing Seven's ass.

Ok, if you believed that then you would have actually read the OP's post, and given your own opinion, than to back up seven without hesitation

Is this where I kick you in the nuts?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information