Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Can't go to Warped Tour

So yesterday I get a call from a friend of mine, and he has an extra ticket for Warped Tour this weekend, an extra seat in the car, and he only wants $35 for the ticket... They're staying overnight at the campground at the Gorge, which I've never done. However, the fucking bachelorette/bachelor party is this weekend at some fucking sports bar. It's being held there cause some people want to watch the first pre-season Seahawks game.

If this were a standard bachelorette party, with debauchery and penis straws and themed outfits, I'd be more excited. The bride doesn't want to do all the cheesy stuff, and doesn't like driving into downtown Seattle to go to the really good clubs. So now, instead of going to an awesome outdoor musical extravaganza, I have to call my friend and tell him that I'm obligated to watch a pre-season football game in a dive bar because my husband's sister is getting married...

UGH!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Can't go to Warped Tour

Is this the same bitch who asked you to throw the bridal shower, and then she and her family were total cunts about the whole ordeal? And you're going to pass up the warped tour to go to her bachelorette party? sister in law or not, I'd go to the damn concert. Last time I checked those things are fucking optional.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Can't go to Warped Tour

True... You already showed enough support for the wedding. You should go to the concert!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Can't go to Warped Tour

Yes, this is the same girl who I threw the shower for... I feel as though I've paid more than my fair share of dues to this girl, but unless I come up with an epic lie and have both my hubby and my brother (who are both going to the joint wedding party) cover for me, I'm gonna end up looking like the bitch.

I want nothing more than to have the guts to call my friend and ask him when I need to be at his place to drive to the Gorge, but I don't think I can. My hubby wont lie for me, my brother is already going to the party (he had planned on going to Warped tour as well, but bailed out to save some money), and I can't expect to get away with bailing out on my siste-in-law without causing some serious drama.

I haven't made the call yet... I told my friend I'd let him know by this afternoon if I could make it.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Can't go to Warped Tour

Hm... Well, I would still say just bail on the party, but seeing as how your husband was originally going to attend Warped but backed out for finances, maybe it would be better if you just bit the bullet this year. And hey, you guys can always get tickets for next years Tour early, and save a shit load of money. =S But your situation really REALLY sucks. I was going to go to warped, but my two-a-days started for football and well, I just couldn't get the heart to fuck my team over for music I could listen to from my ipod anytime.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Can't go to Warped Tour

Has every bride in the world forgotten that showers and bachelorette parties are gifts to them, and not obligations?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Can't go to Warped Tour

Most brides get a little bit self centered about their own weddings. I tried to avoid the same pitfalls, but there were times where my friends and family had to put me in check. Weddings = drama... that's the ugly truth.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Can't go to Warped Tour

Can you say Las Vegas?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Can't go to Warped Tour

Fuck that shit. Go to Warped Tour. You don't need to lie about your absence.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Can't go to Warped Tour

:yeahthat: The bachelor/bachelorette party is not something you are required to go to. If it were the day of the wedding, I could see why it might be a problem, but depending on how much I liked the person getting married, I'd probably choose the show anyway. You're just going to be grumpy all night thinking about what you missed out on for the stupid party.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information